Notices

HID's for Fit?

Old 09-30-2007, 09:51 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by der Mond
I'm installing two Light Force 100W driving lights on a license-plate-bracket wing mount. I intend to have them dim when the brights dim but be able to cut out w/separate switch when the brights are on. I'll focus them on the ditches ahead to give me advance warning against ungulates...
....or you could just drive slower? :dunno: if you really have a hard time seeing at night I suggest you have an eye exam.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
der Mond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sherwood
....or you could just drive slower? :dunno: if you really have a hard time seeing at night I suggest you have an eye exam.
Sherwood,
Your message is clearly from someome who has never had an ungulate slide over his hood and stop 6" from his face. I have news for you, it can happen to anyone, any time. I had a friend who was driving 50 mph down a country road here and had a moose in rut slam into the side of his pickup truck, doing expensive damage. I personally had a moose calf slide over the hood of my 1990 Honda Civic Si and stop inches from my face. The car was totalled. Deer can come right through a windshield in a heartbeat. Maybe there are no deer in your home state. In the period from September 1 through the first lasting snow (when it becomes much easier to spot moose) having enough illumination can mean the difference between life or death. My guess is that you are adolescent enough to have a sense of invincibility and don't believe it could ever happen to you. I sincerely hope it never does.