Notices

Dash/Corner/Tail lights stopped working - fuse is fine - please help

Old 12-03-2006, 08:27 PM
mitsurugi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash/Corner/Tail lights stopped working - fuse is fine - please help

Hello all. I haven't been on here in a while but I'm hoping you guys can help me out again. I have a 94 Civic EX and tonight I just discovered that my dash lights/corner lights/tail lights don't work when I turn the headlights on . The headlights themselves work fine though and the brake lights work when I hit the brakes. I noticed there is a 10 amp fuse specifically for these but it is not blown. I also replaced it with another fuse just to be sure but that doesn't work either. I haven't done any recent electronic things and the only stereo stuff I've done is a Clarion cd player and some components and replacement speakers - no external amp.

Any ideas you guys have would be appreciated a lot!

Last edited by mitsurugi; 12-03-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bulb bad start ther if it fine we will diag it.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:30 PM
mitsurugi

Originally Posted by berginr
The bulb bad start ther if it fine we will diag it.
Maybe I should clarify my original post. The tail lights do not work. The license plate lights do not work. The front corner lights do not work. The dash lights do not work. It is not the bulb because the brake lights work when I hit the brakes and the corner lights blink when I use turn signals or emergency flashers, and it would be really really weird if all of these bulbs went out at the same time.

Where should I go from here?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Fuse

Let me get some info i will get back to you tomorrow.Sounds like head light switch or a open connector.Do you head lights work?
Old 12-05-2006, 03:32 PM
jet7611

any radio swaps been done???thats what was screwin me......
Old 12-05-2006, 04:30 PM
mitsurugi

Ok, well I was thinking about wiring and remembered how I had my Clarion cd player hooked up to the dimmer switch so that when I turn the lights on, the cd player dims. This morning I pulled out the cd player and all of the lights now turn on fine, so it apparently had something to do with how it was wired. My hypothesis is that something was going goofy with the cd player and it was shorting my lighting system.

My question is now, can I just hook up the cd player but leave the dimmer wire unconnected. I think this will work - what do you guys think?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Fuse

Sorry i will be no help all i get is this for you car.It makes no sense.

The only draw back is that your cd player would not light up when you turn on the lights(i have no clue what wire that is)

Last edited by Fuse; 02-12-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:02 PM
mitsurugi

Originally Posted by Fuse
Sorry i will be no help all i get is this for you car.It makes no sense.

The only draw back is that your cd player would not light up when you turn on the lights(i have no clue what wire that is)
Thanks for the schematics (although the picture is dated from the future ). I think you're wrong about the lighting of the cd player. I think that the CD player will light up fine when I turn on the lights, it will just not dim. Not trying to be smart, but I think this is why the wire is labeled "dimmer."
Old 12-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Fuse

Originally Posted by mitsurugi
Thanks for the schematics (although the picture is dated from the future ). I think you're wrong about the lighting of the cd player. I think that the CD player will light up fine when I turn on the lights, it will just not dim. Not trying to be smart, but I think this is why the wire is labeled "dimmer."
Why did you thank me for the schematic its a fu@k up usually it give you wire colors, pin location, component location all the good stuff(this one looks like some one went crazy with a key bord).No hard feeling i just told you i would reply so i did and i am no help without a good wiring schematic.

Id say go for it ,you need your lights.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:10 AM
jet7611

cool