Notices

smoking problem

Old 12-03-2006, 12:22 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smoking problem

well, for the past few months, ive been dealing with a lil smoking issue. lil puffs of blue smoke on take offs, and also when around 5k and up there apparent. well. i did a compression test just recently. 210 on every cylinder. so thats good. i have an oil restrictor on my turbo and the problem went away after that, but ive been driving it real easy since my wideband has been down.my pcv is also perfeect. 1coming from the bacl of the block, the other top block exit from the stock system, and the valve cover. now. i remembered today that i had forgot to fill my rear motor mount. so, i think that my motor is doing the gansta leaning when doing hard pulls. for exp. today i changed the plugs and regapped them. car ran better. when i got back i revved the motor in from the throttle body and watch the motor shift back more. i think my turbo is at just an angle so when it sits when the motor is off or idling, it doesnt smoke and it drains perfectly/ when the motor is in upper rpms and leans back, it doesnt drain properly and smokes from the oil not draining right from the turbo. does this make sense or am i completely off. ive been trying to trouble shoot this thing for a while and it driving me absolutely insane. it did it again today and im just sick of it. i feel like selling the damn thing and getting an rx7, or a bmw. any advice or thoughts would be great.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Civic2Scooby

yeah, buy my rear HASport mount that I have left over from my part out h:
Old 12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

i will if u think that will help my problem.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by raiden571
i will if u think that will help my problem.
I dont know if it will help your problem or not. The motion on your mounts should not restrict oil flow from your oil lines. Do you have a picture of your lines, and approximation of how much pitch you are getting from the motor?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Nissan420
Thanks for Caring

Yeah if anything i'd think it would help it drain better. But if you dont like smoke keep away from the rx-7. Maybe its a valve seat, scarred wall, or maybe your rings. What does blue smoke usually mean? Or maybe you got some smurfs stuck in there somewhere.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

i understand what your saying but with the way your CHAR is angled slightly back, the more the motor would torque the more perpendicular to the ground your oil outlet would be, so i'm not thinking thats it. We'll give it a re-tune this week & see what we can come up with!