Notices

99 Civic EX

Old 11-30-2006, 09:41 AM
uo959

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Civic EX

Hey guys,

Is there any cheap mods I can do to my car to get extra torque or horsepower?? And on exhaust if I was to get OBX full exhaust with OBX header would it have a deep sound?? Would it be worth it if I replaced the muffler with an HKS Hi-Power and use the rest OBX piping and header??

Last edited by uo959; 11-30-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

nothing cheap that will get you noticeable gains
Old 11-30-2006, 09:50 AM
uo959

What about something that will make it sound better??
Old 11-30-2006, 11:01 AM
bliz
wish I was big time

STAY AWAY FROM OBX!!! there stuff is shitty. the only thing i would ever buy from them is maybe an oil pan. as far as the exhaust pipe, go to the local muffler shop and have them bend you up some. this is way cheaper and better. get the muffler where ever you want. as far as the header megan racing headers are the best. I/H/E is the best starting point. you can get the intake off e-bay but other stuff stay away unless they are a reputable brand.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by bliz
STAY AWAY FROM OBX!!! there stuff is shitty. the only thing i would ever buy from them is maybe an oil pan. as far as the exhaust pipe, go to the local muffler shop and have them bend you up some. this is way cheaper and better. get the muffler where ever you want. as far as the header megan racing headers are the best. I/H/E is the best starting point. you can get the intake off e-bay but other stuff stay away unless they are a reputable brand.
you say obx is shitty yet you would use something of theirs as important as an oil pan? :eh:

and i would hardly say megan headers are the best. but that's up for debate.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:19 AM
uo959

Whats so bad about OBX?? My friend has OBX Axle Back exhaust. It sounds great and he hasn't had any problems.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:31 AM
bliz
wish I was big time

cheap materials, crappy welding, thin. i has a few of thier parts and the welds broke out on them. like the turbo exhaust manifold. it lasted maybe 2 months and then it became an expensive paperweight. as for the oil pan it was suggested to me by a local tuner shop. obx parts are about as good as xspower shit.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:35 AM
bliz
wish I was big time

Originally Posted by Snoopy
you say obx is shitty yet you would use something of theirs as important as an oil pan? :eh:

and i would hardly say megan headers are the best. but that's up for debate.
as for megan headers i like the way they flow. that was when i didn't have a turbo setup either. granted there are probably better ones but that is what i've found and have been suggested by many others. aparently if others are suggesting them they must be fairly good.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:49 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

as for megan headers i like the way they flow. that was when i didn't have a turbo setup either. granted there are probably better ones but that is what i've found and have been suggested by many others. aparently if others are suggesting them they must be fairly good.

so now you have headers with a turbo setup eh? :screwy: