Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Unveiled

Old 11-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Ochdx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone please ban him?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:18 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChixWitDix
fucking stupid! looks like a G coupe. any conversation with some moron that doesn't know anything about nissan/infinity just got worse. when i worked for infiniti, no telling how many times i watched people look at the FX and say "ill just get the nissan version instead"

oh well, i could give a rats ass about japanese cars now anyway.
ok, first off dumbass this car is FWD. and i'll tell you right now there are MAJOR differences between the build quality and materials used for the infinitis and nissans.

as for the nissan version of the FX.. good luck.

the murano is a reatrded car. the guages are ugly, the seat material feels like cheap felt and the ride quality is sickening.

ontop of all of this the seats are totally under-cushioned and lack any kind of support.

the infiniti is hands down ten times nicer than the murano, but someone like you who reads people's mag-driven opionons wouldn't understand this.

:Edit:
and is350-- please shut up. you're talk is nauseating and you really are starting to get on my nerves.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Ochdx

Sherwood, actually the Murano is not at all a version of FX. The Murano is based on Altima FWD platfrom, while the FX is based on G35 platform. Besides that, the Murano is more practical as an SUV, while the FX is a sporty cross over. Completely different vehicles.

As far as built quality, both Nissan and Infiniti suffered from cheap materials and lousy assembly, and most of Nissan models still do. However Nissan has done a great job to improve Maximas and Altimas interiors, and the new Infiniti M and G have awesome interiors.

Last edited by Ochdx; 11-30-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:01 PM
lexusis350

Originally Posted by Ochdx
Sherwood, actually the Murano is not at all a version of FX. The Murano is based on Altima FWD platfrom, while the FX is based on G35 platform. Besides that, the Murano is more practical as an SUV, while the FX is a sporty cross over. Completely different vehicles.

As far as built quality, both Nissan and Infiniti suffered from cheap materials and lousy assembly, and most of Nissan models still do. However Nissan has done a great job to improve Maximas and Altimas interiors, and the new Infiniti M and G have awesome interiors.
I recently read the current Times magazine and they said that Nissan's image has changed in the last 3 years. The introduction of redesigned cars of the Altima and Maxima that has helped the company so much. The Versa is selling very well (according to Times) and the 350z is selling decently after a few years. The Titan and Quest were really unreliable and are now improving. Nissan like other car makers have their downsides. Most newly introduced/redesigned cars will have some flaws and recalls and every year the car gets better. For example, the 2005 Toyota Avalon (autoblog.com) showed Toyota's decrease in build quality and the increase in recalls and Consumer Reports rated it as Average (White Circle) and now the 2007 Toyota Avalon is very good (Half Circle)
Old 11-30-2006, 07:25 PM
d1_driftking
drifting my way to hell

i dont like it its pretty much a g35 knock off.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:37 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by d1_driftking
i dont like it its pretty much a g35 knock off.
i didn't know you could knock off your own design
Old 12-01-2006, 07:32 AM
fjm1
G35

Looks good. Does bear a striking resemblance to the G35 and Pontiac G6 coupe.

I'll reserve final judgement for the price.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:31 PM
AcuraFanatic

There's definately some G35 styling cues. Looks pretty good.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:18 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

My avatar on Freshalloy is now the rear of the 2008 Altima Coupe.

When we will see the 2008 Accord Coupe design? Next summer?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:20 PM
AJē06

Originally Posted by Ochdx
I guess its pretty bland, but so are the Solara and Accord coupe. Reminds me of Pontiac G6.
Reminds me of a busted and ghetto version of the 350z... hmmm