Notices

should i should i not get an air intake for 96 civic!

Old 11-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Bravo007
Civic007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i should i not get an air intake for 96 civic!

Hello all,

How is everyone hangin... Im working to beef up my engine bay a lil but nothing to big and was thinking of putting the air filter intake pipe and a KnN airfilter!!! But i want to know what you guys think about it, if its beneficial, worth the money, makes a difference and most important would it hurt my car???

Now my beast is a 96 Civic Sedan Vti and the air intake just comes with a pipe that has two holes which im guessin one is the O2 sensor and the other is something else and with an airfilter... Should i get it???

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:47 PM
project_hatch
Power by Uncle Ben's Rice

Ok First an open air intake can only HELP your car if you have a good filter on the end of it and it's less restrictive than an airbox...And not to tell you what brand to use but I tend to stay away from K&N when possible, yes you can clean them but that's because they are oil based, you use an oil based filter and it will eventually make an oil build up on your sensors that see your air before it enters the engine. But you do need to buy a quality filter. It will give you a slight HP gain depending on what brand you use (the biggest difference in intakes is the type of filter you use) but the Fujita Cold Air Intake looks great and has awesome gains...not to mention when you accelerate you'll hear it suck in.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Bravo007
Civic007

Hey bro, thanks for your response and you've helped out actually... Now what i was thinking of getting is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Civic-9...QQcmdZViewItem

which is from ebay and good price... what do you think? It also comes with heat shield so keeps the air cool...
Old 11-21-2006, 10:15 PM
ddd4114

That intake is a rip off. A generic pipe and K&N filter should cost you much less than that.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Bravo007
Civic007

Originally Posted by ddd4114
That intake is a rip off. A generic pipe and K&N filter should cost you much less than that.
Do you really think thats a rip off I was actually about to get it but thought i'd ask you guys first for your opinions and see what you all think and seems like i made the rite choice by asking you first...

Now if i buy an air filter from an auto store then how would i make a perfect pipe of mine that would look like something like that on ebay with the two lil holes for the O2 sensor and ? Also i would need to make a heat shield...

Could someone please help... Also one more thing, whats the best way of colouring the wires and pipes in red color... Should i buy new wires n pipes or is there a way to spray them red???

Thanks heaps guys.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:27 AM
Bravo007
Civic007

Also, would this make me waste more petrol or not??? Just not really sure about the whole thing but i want it cos it sounds nice... hmmm!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:36 AM
project_hatch

yeah man there are plenty of cheap intakes...The quality of the filter is mostly what will give you the bigges gains on your intake. With that auction you're paying $100 for a K&N Filter? You can go into an auto parts store and get one for cheaper than that...here I found a reputable company and an Intake at a great price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-C...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-22-2006, 07:49 AM
ariza034
SuMaDiNaC

project_civ ... that ebay listing that he posted up is in australian dollars and the one that u posted is in us dollars when you do the conversion its the same price
Old 11-22-2006, 08:31 AM
project_hatch

But one is completly name brand and the other is not...so if you're paying same price then why not go with a trusted name brand?
Old 11-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Wharbone

Intakes suck...

Cons:
Minimal gains at best, make your car louder, waste of money

Pros: Look cool

If I had to do it over, I would have saved my money.