Notices

flashing lights

Old 11-20-2006, 08:55 PM
darkskyracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flashing lights

ok i have a 98 civic ex. the lights dim in and out when i am driveing my car and sometimes it is really bad to the point where it affects my speakers. i changed the battery and the really bad stuff stopped but i still get the lights dimming in and out. i believe it is the alternator but is could also but the fact that itook out my speed sensor bcauase it was malfunctioning any one ever heard of that. i just dont want to buy an alternator that cost 193 dollars for nothing. thanks
Old 11-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Chefboiali
scrotal surge

If you have an Autozone where you live, I would go there. They can test your battery and alternator.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:48 PM
darkskyracing

yeah next day that i have off i think i'll rip out the old alternator. i was trying to avoid doing that but i guess i have to. i replaced the battery so i know that isn't the problem but i dont want a bad alternator to give me a bad cell in the battery. newaiz peace out
Old 11-23-2006, 09:48 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

If your battery stays charged it might not be the alternator. If you don't want to take it to Advanced or Autozone I believe you could just unplug your battery while the car is running and if it does in fact still run then the alternator is doing it's job.
I would check to make sure all the cables are in good condition first.