Notices

MAP Problems - No CEL

Old 11-14-2006, 05:27 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAP Problems - No CEL

Hey guys, i'm gettin frustrated tryin to figure this one out!

Couple weeks ago when i put the car away for winter it was really acting up, i start the car up & it rev's up to 4k & sits there till it got warmed up, then it droped down a bit & but was still reving extreamly high for an idle. No CEL, so i I pluged my laptop in (crome pro) figureing that i could datalog it & see what was really goin on. I noticed that my map sensor wasn't showing any vacume while sitting at idle, yet my gauge was showin about -17. I got under there to make sure that the map sensor was pluged in & what not, it was fine so i busted out the volt meter to check for volatage from point A to point B, once again that was fine. At this point i've got fresh wires going from my motorola 2.5bar map sensor to my ecu & the voltages are fine. I unhooked the 2.5bar map sensor figureing it was bad & grab the stock one, wired that in & threw a stock map on the car to see if it would idle down like normal, once again, no luck. I'm pretty confused here.

btw, the vacume likes aren't cloged, i check that.

Any suggestions out there?

*for the non informed, If the ecu isnt' seeing map pressure, it doesn't know how much fuel to dump because the amount of fuel that is dumped is based upon rpm & vac/boost pressures.

any help would be appreciated, thanks guys

Tony
Old 11-14-2006, 05:41 AM
Civic2Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

borrow Scott's ECU