Notices

Weird noise...

Old 11-07-2006, 01:29 PM
mfarzin1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird noise...

I have a 99 Civic Ex coupe, and ever since I've had the car (almost 2 years now), theres been this noise that only happens when the steering wheel is turned to the right. It could be slightly turned, or turned all the way, but its only when I turn it to the right. Its hard to explain the sound, but its kinda like a rotating whistling noise..that might be a bad description, but maybe someone out there has had the same problem with a noise while turning the wheel to the right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One guy told me when I first got the car that it could be the shocks, but even after I put my Kyb's it's still there. I don't know why ive waited so long to try to troubleshoot but it's really startin to piss me off.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:23 PM
rjmancia
**hOnDaFrEaK**

it could be your cv joints cause i have a sound like that too but i have a 95 civic dx coupe and i cant find it either but im still trying
Old 11-07-2006, 06:45 PM
little_chicken
Little chicken~:>

check the belt to the power steering pump
Old 11-07-2006, 08:50 PM
mfarzin1

well how can i check these things, im no expert haha...
Old 11-07-2006, 08:59 PM
rjmancia
**hOnDaFrEaK**

Originally Posted by mfarzin1
well how can i check these things, im no expert haha...
well then we dont really know wat to tell you shiiitt!!! lol!!! but yeah dude just check those things or just take it to the shop if you cant or ask around.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:33 AM
mfarzin1

haha man i AM asking around..what i meant was HOW do i check it..like it only makes noise when I'm movin so I don't know where to look when its sittin still..what am i lookin for on these things?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:16 PM
rjmancia
**hOnDaFrEaK**

Originally Posted by mfarzin1
haha man i AM asking around..what i meant was HOW do i check it..like it only makes noise when I'm movin so I don't know where to look when its sittin still..what am i lookin for on these things?
dude thats awsome cause i have the same problem but it sounds like a rattling noise in my exhaust or something but it only does it when im moving and i cant figure out wat it is. I already jacked the car up and looked under it but nothing there and i have been thinking about getting a test pipe instead of my cat cause it might be the problem but i really dont know unless someone can give me advice or something but yeah dude same goes here it only does it when im moving
Old 11-09-2006, 06:16 AM
mfarzin1

yea, its been doin it ever since i got the car, but i had a loud exhaust so i didnt really have to hear it all that much, but i just got my new exhaust thats sooooo QUIEEEEEET!!! and you can really hear it now....anyway, im on my way to the honda dealer today to have them check it out, im hopin its nothin expensive, cuz i'll only let them fix it if its cheap cuz i knwo they will fuck me, i just wanna know what it is...
Old 11-09-2006, 07:28 AM
quik
1337 h4x0r

I've had the same exact problem ('95 Civic DX Coupe) for about a year. Let me know what the dealership says.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:57 PM
mfarzin1

they drove it like 6 times and couldnt figure it out. haha