Notices

lowering my car

Old 11-02-2006, 06:54 PM
JB90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering my car

well i want to lower my car. its already sort of low (stock) because i bottom out here and there. but i want to keep it clean looking no body kit maybe a lip kit fartherr in the future. i'm thinking lowering it about 2 inches .that will make it look really good? any suggestions. im wondering what i will need for my car for lowering it and if that will be really low where ill be scraping all over the place. like what parts and around the prices you guys think it would be. thanks alot
Old 11-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Ef6-97
STEVE-0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i would recommend ebach springs.. there quality and they arent to badly priced.. you will need spring compressers wich you can find at your local auto parts store.. and i would pick up a Allen key set if you dont thave air tools.. I have air tools now but when i lowerd my car i had to use an open end 14 mm i beleive and a 6mm Alen key.. but besure ALLL the tension is off the spring or the bolts wont budge.. Another thin is that i recommend.. Unless u want to replacce your lower rear suspention bearings.. i would try to detach the strut at the top and attempt to fish it out of the top of the fender well .. you my need a freind to stand on the rear hub/break drum/ disc break wutever u have back there lol.. and be sure to protect your rear fender and put towels or smething on the top of the strut so it dosnt scratch your rear fenders.. and up front. you take off the 2 12 mm bolts up top under the hood and another 12 mm down below. the one down below acts like a clamp to keep the top part of the strut in. u may need to by some wD40 for lubricant so u dont break a nut.. or a bolt... haha pardon the pun... an it will make it easyer to put back on 2. then there is i beleive 1 or 2 10mm bolts holding the break line on to the strut. to keep it out of the brakes i think. then after you get every thing free, u should be able to pull it out and start compressing the spring. When u put the new springs on.. u may not need the compressors at all because the new sprngs are obviously shorter than the old. but keep the compressors handy just incase.. the compressor is basicly a clamp with hook type things that hook the sping and they have safty pins tat go over so the spirng dosnt fly off accedently.. u need to use both for each spring.. but ofcourse you only need to get a set of 2.. unless u want ur freidns doing the other 3 struts at the same time haha but use 2 on opposing sides that way the spring dosnt get unevenly tensioned other wise it will never come off!! good luck!

sorry i ment rear suspension BUSHINGS haha !

oh there are also 2 12 mm bolts in he trunk you will have to remove the carpet for in the back

Last edited by westcoaststyle; 11-03-2006 at 06:06 AM.