Notices

99-00 Si Gauge swap

Old 11-02-2006, 05:36 PM
mfarzin1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99-00 Si Gauge swap

I have a 99 civic EX and I was wondering if I could swap the gauge faces and needles on my cluster with those on the Si gauges. I like the Si gauges MUCH better, but is this possible? I know the tach is a little different but the speedometer and fuel/temp gauges look the same. Any help is appreciated. O yea, if this is possible, does anyone have a 99-00 Si gauge cluster lying around that they don't need? haha
Old 11-02-2006, 07:06 PM
GT3R8cer

It's all the same.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:39 PM
95LSv
Banded

Its possible. Just take out your whole cluster unit and swap the SI cluster in there, it will plug in perfectly. And it lights up amber

PS don't swap faces and needles, just get the whole si cluster and swap it for yours, then sell yours on ebay. I sold an ex one for 120
Old 11-02-2006, 08:56 PM
mfarzin1

oo thats awesome, i thought about doing that at first, then i THOUGHT i read somewhere that I couldnt do that but if i can then yea i definitly will. The only thing would be the odometer...what if I buy an Si cluster that doesnt have anywhere near my mileage?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:40 PM
CivicRacr

illegal to tamper with the odometer, if youre worried about the milage, search for a certified shop in your area that can change it for you. but just keep track of the milage if you do change out the cluster, but its not that big of a deal if its not the same
Old 11-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Outxider
X-Motoring

if it isnt illegal already with some of the aftermarket parts u can buy for ur car. changin the mileage on the cluster is very easy and if search on htech, u can find a how to do it. i have done several of em for my friends who did cluster swaps in their eks and egs, so that their mileage would reflect theirs on the new cluster.

Originally Posted by CivicRacr
illegal to tamper with the odometer, if youre worried about the milage, search for a certified shop in your area that can change it for you. but just keep track of the milage if you do change out the cluster, but its not that big of a deal if its not the same