Notices

Injen intake install on 00 civic

Old 10-29-2006, 02:58 PM
gettheledout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injen intake install on 00 civic

I have a 00 DX that I'm trying to install a injen intake i bought off of ebay. It didn't come with directions, and the only way I've found to make it fit is by attaching the end of the intake to the stock airbox, so that the end of the pipe where the filter should attach touches metal behind the headlight. To actually put the filter in, I'd have to cut the metal and put the filter below it by taking the bumper off. I know removing bumpers is common, but shouldn't I have a precut hole, or am I not attaching this right. I can't find pictures or instructions for a 00 or 99 civic non-SI ANYWHERE.
Thanks for the help
Old 10-30-2006, 11:13 AM
gettheledout

also, i called some guy in cali, who had it on a 99 Dx, and said there was a hole behind the headlight where i described it to him. From what i thought the 99 and 00 have the same parts, but apparently not. There is kind of a raised circle I can see where I need to cut. Anyone have tips for cutting metal around my delicate wiring?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:44 AM
goon54

um.. by any chance did u completely remove the stock airbox?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:29 PM
gettheledout

no, the pipe is bent so that it's at a right angle with the ground, there is no tube piece that bends down to go directly into the intake. The guy I called said to just remove the filter from the stock airbox and and take out the sensor and put it on the center hole in the injen intake
Old 10-30-2006, 12:53 PM
goon54

are u sure thats a DX model intake?
i not positive but i believe the throttle body on a DX points straight up right?
the guy u called is right. there is a second resonator box inside the bumper that can be access in front of the right wheel. just pull the plastic panel back.
but double check the part dude
Old 10-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

that looks like an intake from an ex, the dx comes up not, sideways like the ex
Old 10-30-2006, 01:26 PM
gettheledout

double checked with the guy, he bought it new and said it goes onto the black plastic airbox with the stock filter removed.... i'll let you guys know how it comes out, it was only $25 on ebay, and didn't cost $150 like my mustang CAI did:lmfao:
Old 10-30-2006, 02:30 PM
goon54

DUDE.. u hafta take out the stock air box. ALL OF IT.
this tube replaces it. there's a circular hole behind the headlight. the bent section where the filter is goes into that (take off the filter 1st)
get underneath or inside the wheel well, push the plastic in or out, then install the filter
Old 10-30-2006, 04:44 PM
gettheledout

the throttle body faces striaight up like you said, there is no possibly way to attach the tube directly
Old 10-30-2006, 05:34 PM
ion

that doesn't look like a DX intake.

i have a 00 DX with a short ram intake on (can be extended for CAI) so i can help you if you want... it's fairly self explanatory. take the stock tube and stock air box out and connect it right on the throttle body and put the IAT sensor in the rubber part of the intake and use your hose to connect it from the nipple to the head. the CAI intake that i got made for DX's doesn't need a hole cut. it simply goes in the hole behind the radiator fan and down to the fender well behind the bumper. let me know if you have any questions.

this is what it's supposed to look like (yeah... bay is dirty)

Last edited by ion; 10-30-2006 at 05:41 PM.