Notices

Shocks adjustment help..

Old 10-29-2006, 09:54 AM
asimdada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks adjustment help..

Hi. Im new to this forum and not very well familiar with cars. My recently bought hatch is , i believe, 2 inches lowered. How would i know if the previous onwer had adjustable shocks or not. Do i need to buy adjustable ones in order to raise is back to original height (cause of snow)? What are the decent ones out there and how much do they roughly cost. Thanks for all your input
Old 10-31-2006, 06:13 PM
asimdada

Default hmm

anybody??
Old 11-01-2006, 09:13 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does this have to do with engine swaps? Moved to Civic section...
Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 AM
goon54

adjustable shocks wont raise or lower ur ride height. the adjustability factor deals with the firmness (soft or stiff) of the shocks.
what kinda shocks are on there? AGX, illuminas, konis are some of the adjustable shocks on the market
Old 11-02-2006, 09:07 AM
bnuk

If the ride height is adjustable it will be pretty obvious, the will some sort of threaded sleeve. just figure what components you have and post it up, and we'll tell you what your options are.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:10 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

You guys seem to forget that the Koni yellows have adjustable perches on them and can actually change the ride height of the car. If you have Koni yellows, look for grooves on the trunk of the strut that go all the way around the strut. If there are a number of them, you can move the keeper to a higher or lower groove to change the perch, which raises/lowers the spring, thus changing the ride height. Only those that have seen these grooves really know what I'm talking about... :hs:
Old 11-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
You guys seem to forget that the Koni yellows have adjustable perches on them and can actually change the ride height of the car. If you have Koni yellows, look for grooves on the trunk of the strut that go all the way around the strut. If there are a number of them, you can move the keeper to a higher or lower groove to change the perch, which raises/lowers the spring, thus changing the ride height. Only those that have seen these grooves really know what I'm talking about... :hs:
not all the Koni yellows have the adjustable perches IIRC. I know the Nuespeed Koni yellows have them, but do all the regular ones?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:25 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
not all the Koni yellows have the adjustable perches IIRC. I know the Nuespeed Koni yellows have them, but do all the regular ones?
I wondered that as I was typing that answer. I thought that they all did and that they Neuspeed versions had more. I know my fronts had 5 slots and the rears had 3. :dunno:
Old 11-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
I wondered that as I was typing that answer. I thought that they all did and that they Neuspeed versions had more. I know my fronts had 5 slots and the rears had 3. :dunno:
yeah, IIRC my roommates Koni Yellows didnt have the adjustable perches...:thinking: Maybe the newer ones are all adjustable perches?
Old 11-02-2006, 12:39 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

I got mine in like 2001 so... :shrug: