Notices

Damn Ebay Foglights

Old 10-28-2006, 07:29 PM
95LSv
Banded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Ebay Foglights

So I bought some ebay jdm yellow fog lights and besides them being total crap, they didn't even come with instructions. Does anyone have some instructions on how the wire these? And they are not even bright, except from certain angles, is that normal??

I have some like these

PS I wired them w/o instructions and they work except the led in the turn on button is always on

Old 10-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the easy way would be to run strait off the battery (run one hot wire from the battery to a switch then from you switch to the lights then ground the lights any where you see fit.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:46 PM
95LSv
Banded

I think I may have found the answer. To anyone else who has this prob. I will tap the yellow wires (kinda weird, but the whole setup has one black, one red, and 2 yellow wires), into the parking lights or headlight wire. So the whole fog light systems will only be able to be turned on iff the parking lights or headlights are on. As opposed to now, where I can turn them on independently.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:46 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Originally Posted by 95LSv
I think I may have found the answer. To anyone else who has this prob. I will tap the yellow wires (kinda weird, but the whole setup has one black, one red, and 2 yellow wires), into the parking lights or headlight wire. So the whole fog light systems will only be able to be turned on iff the parking lights or headlights are on. As opposed to now, where I can turn them on independently.
That's how it is supposed to be (the fog lights coming on, I don't know about the wirining.). Go into any other car and you can only turn on the fogs when you turn on the headlights.

IDK about anyone else, but I have just liked to wire things the way their supposed to be. I used be the person that if their radiator fan didn't work, i would just wire it to a switch and a battery. I like clean stuff done the right way now, so somethin for ya to keep in mind.

Just my .02 cents
Old 10-29-2006, 02:01 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

You actualy want to wire them to your low beams. In some states it's illegal to have them on with the high beams. So they should turn off with high beams but come on with low beams.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:43 PM
95LSv
Banded

Yep, thats what I did. I tapped into the positive on the low beams. Now when the low beams are on, my foglights can be turned on. But they also have a switch, so they are independent of each other. I can have my lows on w/o having the fogs on.

Also, the fogs aren't really that bright, except in certain angles, is there a way to fix this?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:42 AM
95LSv
Banded

Are there any different types of bulbs I can use with these foglights to make them brighter?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:33 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hatch/Coupe: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/.../16603_01.html
Sedan: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/.../16607_01.html