Notices

Swapping a cluster.....Need Help!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:20 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping a cluster.....Need Help!

Well, I have been thinking about swapping the Cluster in my EG for a while now. I have seen the GSR cluster in, and the CTR cluster in, the Si Cluster. But I was thinking about maybe doin the 02-04 RSX Type-S Cluster. I love how the cluster looks and I think it would be a change from what most people have in their car. I have never seen this done, but I would be interested to see how it would turn out. If anybody has any pics of it done, please post em up.

Does anybody have the wiring chart for it.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:53 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the newer clusters will not work without the PCM from the car it came out or the same year since the gauge clusters on newer cars are F.A.N and C.A.N databus systems but would work fine if you have the TYPE-S motor and ECU in it .
Old 10-29-2006, 04:11 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well obviously I knew it would work if I had the Type S motor in it . I was just wondering if there was a away to do it without using the ECU n stuff. I figure if I had the wiring diagram for it, you could pin up each wire to where it is supposed to go. Because I am sure there is a power wire and that there has to be a wire that comes off the goes to the speed sensor, and the speed sensors in the OBD1 cars are the same as the ones in the rsx, if I am not mistaken. What I mean by the same is that it has three wries coming out of it.
Hmmmm guess I might have to go CTR.

Last edited by RedlineBoyzCRX; 10-29-2006 at 04:34 AM.