Notices

About 6th Gen Accord 4cyl Seafoam & EGR Cleaning

Old 10-29-2006, 08:54 AM
lk21joker
AnotherAccordOwner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About 6th Gen Accord 4cyl Seafoam & EGR Cleaning

Hi there,

I did a lot of research and wasnt clear about these two jobs, Seafoam and EGR port cleaning. If I did the Seafoam thoroughly, do I need to clean the EGR ports also?

After the Seafoam procedure, I would have to replace the sparkplugs and the O2 sensor (at the header?), is this correct? or is there anything else that I need to replace?

I think I know how to remove the throttle body, it looks complicated but it has only 4 bolts holding it down. So if the throttle body is removed, I believe the EGR ports are underneath?

Guys, please help me answer these questions as I want to write and take pictures for this DIY. If you have any suggestions or comments, please post here.

Best regards,
Old 10-29-2006, 09:31 AM
rags2riches

After you do all the cleaning you will find out that your mpg will go down. Hence more frequent fill ups $$$. if that cool with you then there is a write up on Seafoam + EGR cleaning in this forum. Just use the search tab and type in Seafoam. Hope it goes well.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:32 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lk21joker
Hi there,

I did a lot of research and wasnt clear about these two jobs, Seafoam and EGR port cleaning. If I did the Seafoam thoroughly, do I need to clean the EGR ports also?
No...why would you? Do you have an EGR related CEL?

After the Seafoam procedure, I would have to replace the sparkplugs and the O2 sensor (at the header?), is this correct? or is there anything else that I need to replace?
Just spark plugs. Why would you buy another $150 o2 sensor if it's working properly?
Old 10-29-2006, 12:15 PM
b12uceHuy
Jizz Maste12

Originally Posted by rags2riches
After you do all the cleaning you will find out that your mpg will go down. Hence more frequent fill ups $$$. if that cool with you then there is a write up on Seafoam + EGR cleaning in this forum. Just use the search tab and type in Seafoam. Hope it goes well.
why will the mpg go down?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:09 PM
lk21joker
AnotherAccordOwner

the mpg will go down if you do not reset the ECU, just disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reconnect it