Notices

Low beams not working

Old 10-26-2006, 05:44 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low beams not working

Like the thread title says, the low beams aren't working on our 2000 civic EX. All of the fuses seem to be intact and the high beams work fine. I wouldn't think that both headlights would blow the low beam fillament at the same time. and ideas?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok then on the right light the red/white wire is the power to the low beam check for 12volts on the left the red/green is the low beam check for 12volts.if you got 12v on both and the high beams work you got 2 bad bulbs.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Ef6-97
STEVE-0

I have a 97 civic and ive had a lot of problems with blowing bulbs When i take them out and listen to them
the filiment rattles and is floating around inside the glass lol its happend 2 me twice on the right side and once on the left. i eventually wired new plugs and it seemed to fix the problem.. be sure to check your fuses under your hood to because some of the main ones are under there ive had to check them all and pul all the light fuses and plug them in and every thing started working fine.. so i dunno mabey that gen is quirky with light wireing. I had the strangest problem when i was wering my Fender Makers i tryed to wire it the way people call the USDM way wich turns on with the marker light but flashes with the turn.... but it ended up flashing by taillights and every thing lol so... I dunno i just decided to keep it simple and make it turn on just when my signals are on!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by berginr
ok then on the right light the red/white wire is the power to the low beam check for 12volts on the left the red/green is the low beam check for 12volts.if you got 12v on both and the high beams work you got 2 bad bulbs.

got it.. checked and i'm not getting 12v to the low beams but all of the fuses are intact. the weird thing is that if i tap on the headlight housing on the left side, that one starts working. is there some kind of relay or control on that side by the housing or is there some reason a bulb would work intermittently or both bulbs would die only on the low beams?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok the head light switch is powered by fuse 48 under hood.then the switch gos to fuse 22+21 under dash than it runs straight to the bulbs no relays.see if you have 12v from the switch the red/white wire is the power wire from the switch to the lows do you have 12 volts with the switch on.if you do the problem is between the switch and the bulbs(the fuses or the wires are mest up).if you don't the switch or the power to the switch is bad.so you shake next to the lens and on works i would guess an open in side the wire or bad contacts or even bulbs i made a little diy on wiring a while back it might help you.

Last edited by Fuse; 10-26-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

When i tested the voltage i must've gotten a bad connection. It turns out that both low beams had blown. I replaced the bulbs and all is well.