Notices

windshield wipers and others

Old 10-24-2006, 09:16 AM
jbowman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield wiper motor and others

Couple questions...

First, my 98 civic ex windshield wipers work fine, except for the intermittent setting. Whenever it is on intermittent, the wipers go half way up, so that they are vertical for a few seconds and then go back down. After awhile of this, they start to change so that instead of being horizontal to vertical, it goes from 45° to 45° (right in my line of sight). I just wondered if this was a typical civic problem or do I just need a new wiper motor?

The other question, do I trust buying things like sway bars and coil over kits on eBay? I could get a coil over kit for like $50 but I want to make sure I'm not going to die two weeks later. I realize they won't be as good of quality as a $200+ set and wont ride as nice, but has anyone gotten eBay coil overs and had them work ok? Also, what about eBay headlights? Any bad experiences with those?

Any help/input is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by jbowman; 10-24-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:06 AM
96DX4dr4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know about coil overs but ebay headlights can be either a great deal or totally shitty. i got a set and at first they fogged up but now that ive had them for a while and they never fog up. i guess the fog just went away? so be careful of when you buy