Notices

93 Del sol si RPM Needle Jumps??? Please help!

Old 10-22-2006, 08:13 AM
acuragtr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Del sol si RPM Needle Jumps??? Please help!

On cold start ups driving through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears the rpms seem to show normal. But when Driving somewhere inbetween 4th and 5th at about 80 mph the needle begins to jump from about 3.5k rmps to 5k rpms. Even though I hear the engine staying at the same rev the needle still shows otherwise. This jumping of the needle appears to be making a check engine light come on, because when I continue to ignore the issue and drive as normal the rpms can sometimes jump up to 7 and 8k while only going 80mph the check engine light will come on.

Im no car genius but I know its not the clutch cause the car still gets power at the same sound of rev. I have no clue what the hell it could be. Has anybody had this problem before with there del sol???? If so what did u have to do to get it fixed?

I already checked the engine light code and it is throughing up a repetative half a second flash and repeats about ever 5 seconds. It never changes from that pattern.... What would that mean???

any ideas how to fix my del sol?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it was a problem with you engine speed sensor(under the dizzy)it would throw a code so i would say rpm cluster.i have seen speedows do that just before thy go bad.