Notices

Question on the gauge cluster EG to Integra conversion

Old 10-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Shaun6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on the gauge cluster EG to Integra conversion

I have the integra gsr dash wiring harness and the gsr gauge console. But i only have two connectors that fit in the cluster of the integra so do i only need 2 connectors or am i missing one? I looked at the wiring diagram and it only gives 2 connectors to convert. so im not sure. if anyone can answer i appreciate it thanks.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:47 PM
bleach

Originally Posted by Shaun6
I have the integra gsr dash wiring harness and the gsr gauge console. But i only have two connectors that fit in the cluster of the integra so do i only need 2 connectors or am i missing one? I looked at the wiring diagram and it only gives 2 connectors to convert. so im not sure. if anyone can answer i appreciate it thanks.

you will need the pin outs for the integra cluster, and cut or pull from the connector the civic wires and put them in teg ones so it will fit. This is similar to running the stereo deck wires from an oem model to an aftermarket one.

I had the teg dash conversion for a few years, but never could get the dash itself to align right with the doors and look good, so i just went to an black civic one.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Shaun6

Dont i just have to splice the two connectors from the civic to the integra cluster? my other question is that middle connector from my civic wont be connected to the integra and the integra gsr harness only has 2 connectors that go into the cluster. the wire diagram only has the 2 connectors that need re-wired and has all the operations in those 2 connectors. Im just unsure and wondering if it will work with just them two connectors.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Shaun6

here is the back of my gauge cluster and the middle space is empty but the two outer connecting areas fit with the connectors in my harness is that all i need is the outer two connectors like the wire diagram shows.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:51 PM
bleach

I remember having to rewire 2 of the 4 connections, what I had was a diagram that showed what each wire did on each of the plugs (for civic and teg) and rearranged as needed.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Shaun6

Yeah you just have to undue the 2 civic harness connectors and rewire them to the two integra connectors. i have the diagram to do the wiring i was just wondering what i had to do with the left over harness from the civic. cuz it doesnt say anything about a third connector for either the civic or teg. but when you did it did you only have the yellow airbag connector and two blue connectors pluged in with one open slot. I dont want to lose anything from not using that third harness.