Notices

removing the evaporator core

Old 10-15-2006, 09:31 AM
jem1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing the evaporator core

99 Civic, AC compressor locked up the oil in it is metallic and dark. I have removed the compressor and need to remove the expansion valve (need to flush the AC lines and components). The valve is in the the evaporator core box, the outer box needs to be removed for cleaning the core and access the expansion valve. Question: how do you get the dam clips off the back side of the box, getting them back on will be a bigger problem, there must be an easier way.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have to remove the hole heater box and then pull out the core.do you have a book.if you ac pump tanked blow out all the lines but get a new evaperator and condencer+reciver dryer.i do a lot of ac work and i have blow out the evap and and condencer but it didnt get all the metal out it just blew up the new compresor and i had to do it all again
Old 10-16-2006, 12:20 AM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend replaceing the expansion valve ,condensor because the passages in the newer cars are very small and the metal particles lodge them self in the condensor and sometimes the evaperator. and most will not warranty the compressor unless the dryer,evpansion valve is replaced! and flush the lines . do it right the first time or you will do it all over again.