Notices

Air constantly coming through vents

Old 10-09-2006, 06:12 PM
SI_BLUE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air constantly coming through vents

First off I have a 00 si and Im having problems with air constantly coming through the vents. The a/c blows cold and works fine. when I turn the fan knob to off and push the a/c button off, air still flows through the vents. Its light but I can hear it and feel it. Also my heater won't work. I can crank it to hot but it still blows air. The only thing I could think of is maybe the passage it blocked or something is holding open the intake for the vent. I can hear the actuator click when I turn it on or off. Any ideas please
Old 10-09-2006, 09:55 PM
rjmancia
**hOnDaFrEaK**

dang dude that sucks especially since it is an 00 si. I dont know what to tell you but mabey you are right it could be that it is clogged somewhere but have you checked all the insides of the vents to see if there is any pieces that are broken cause that is how we fixed one of my friends
Old 10-09-2006, 10:28 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

I can't recall the climate controls for the civics but there should be an option to circulate air or to block it off. See if that's turned off or on :hsugh:
Old 10-10-2006, 04:08 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by RicoD
I can't recall the climate controls for the civics but there should be an option to circulate air or to block it off. See if that's turned off or on :hsugh:
That's the first thing I thought of. Make sure you have the button for recirculate pressed.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:48 AM
lowbrow
12:00AM Atlanta time...

Yeah, all of my three civics that I've owned have done that. When it is taking in outside air it will always pass through while you are driving, fan off or on. You can try recirculating, changing it to defrost vents... lil things like that.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:44 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

For the heat, pop the hood and check the heater core valve. It's right on the firewall, basically straight down from the throttlebody. Crank it to hot and look at the position of the valve. Then flip it to cold and see if it moved. If not, you have a cable that slipped off, or a broken heater control.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:31 PM
nemesis25

Remove your cowl and look down to see if the flap is closed. If not, have the control rod which open and close the flap replaced.