Notices

muffler?

Old 10-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Mugenfreak
Boost Hungry!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muffler?

wasup yall im new to the forums and just wanted to ask yalls opinion on what muffler i should get for my car. I have a 2000 Honda Civic Si with minor mods such as AEM CAI, short throw shifter w/ type-r knob and urethane bushings, 16" rota circuit 8's, gutted cat.I think im just gonna put a diff. resonator and muffler on my car(as well as a header later) and ive had a 60 series flowmaster on my EP3 and liked it but i expected more(thought it would be deeper..ive heard other mufflers on hondas that were deeper) ..so im thinkin about using a 40 series original series or delta flow series(basically same as original just less interior resonance) and was just wondering if anyone one here as had experience with putting a "domestic style" muffler on hondas. Im also think about maybe a dynomax thrush turbo muffler or mabye a magnaflow muffler...so if anyone one here has one or has had one of these mufflers on there car or have heard them before on a honda and could relate your thoughts id aprreciate it ...and im not interested in a catback exhaust till i boost then its probably a thermal 3" exhaust...thanks!
Old 10-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

it's a muffler man... everyone's got their own Opinion on what sounds best.

Now if you were asking us what turbo to get... you might have sparked up a good convo!
Old 10-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Mugenfreak
Boost Hungry!

im just lookin for the one with the deepest sound...i hate the swarm of bees tone....turbo...ive already decided on that...GT35r :irock: :werd:
Old 10-06-2006, 03:36 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

Apex'i World Sport 2
RSR ExMag

I believe the Apex'i WS2 comes in a 90mm diameter for turbo setups.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

get a mugen twin loop
Old 10-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Mugenfreak
Boost Hungry!

Originally Posted by Snoopy
get a mugen twin loop
if i had the money...no question :irock: :werd:
Old 10-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Mugenfreak
Boost Hungry!

here is a soundclip/video of a civic with a flowmaster axleback system so im assuming its the 60 series muffler cuz that the only system they make for the civc but gives yall a idea od what my EP3 sounded like...dont sound like a bee or farty sounding or nothing even while just revving and of course any muffler sounds better while actually driving...im suppose to be receiving 2 free 40 series mufflers from a unlikely source...heres the clip....

civic w/ flowmaster axleback
Video - civic w/ Flowmaster axleback.. NA

i think the 40 series will sound even deeper/throatier than the 60 series on my civic...at least it should...only time will tell

also im thinkin about putting bigger piping...maybe 2.5" from the rear flange to the muffler and then when i put on the glass pack putting on 2.25" from the cat to the resonator then to the rear flange.....
Old 10-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

An aftermarket muffler on stock piping is going to sound like ass. If it were me, I would keep it stock until the 3" goes in.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Mugenfreak
Boost Hungry!

i didnt have a problem with my ep3 i had that same muffler as in the video and it sounded good...it was just the flowmater 60 series muffler:werd: