Notices

buying my first car and wanted to know something

Old 10-01-2006, 06:23 PM
JB90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying my first car and wanted to know something

well my cousin had a civic for a while a 95 civic coupe...ex i think well she moved on to a newer civic and sold it to my other cousin for 1000 cuz she thinks its crap although theres nice rims and head lights tail lights and paint job. i dont care but im probably gonna need a whole new engine because the engine has so many miles on it around 100 thousand or more and i wante dto know how much itd be for a new engine and if its worth doing this?
its just for my first car but i want to make it nice and put a nice clean lip kit on it and maybe turbo charge it and have a ncie exhaust system nothing much but just wondering. thanks.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Si Hatchie
JDM whore

UM for one, 100k miles is not alot at all, my friend had 300k on his when he pulled it out for his B18, but it still ran good. I hope by "nice" rims you don't mean big, and headlights.. this could get ugly. But anyways $1000 is a very good deal, I would definitely buy it. As for the price of a new motor, it all depends on what you want.. you may want another D15b7, or a D15b, D16zc, D16z6, a D16y8, D16y7, B16,B18, B20 etc. etc. etc. you can normally pick up a stock motor for around $300 or so since everyone pulls them out for swaps. Good luck with the car tough and post pictures of it when you get it.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:30 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

If u swap a B16 it could cost u 2500 for the swap aloine. If you swap a stocker it will probably be very cheap.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:24 PM
JB90

well the car has like 200 something thousand miles on it and its automatic which ijust found out.and i want to drive manual..see the thing is im really into the modification thing and i used to love body kits and all but now im into just lip kits and cleaner looks..but i still think im either going to get a 92-95 civic or a 96-00 civic 2 dr coupe. and i want to get a brand new engine for what i get becuase i dont want to deal with any crap that the engine breaking in any way.. ireally dont know anything about motors ...so im not going to race my car.im not into racing but i like the feeling of a turbo and would want to eventually get a turbo into the car i get. is it worth gettin a good b18 or w/e motor or just gettin a normal v tec ??? and how much do u think itd be for something stock brand new like a vtec, or the b18 motor brand new ???

what do you guys think??
i dont know much but i want my car to look good but not ricey and have an okay motor

i dotn know anythign about cars and the only thing i kind of know about is body styling cuz my uncle has his own body shop so he could paint my car and put on my lip kit or whatnot

thanks..