Notices

1991 Civic With B18 Swap Issues...

Old 09-26-2006, 06:09 AM
TRESSIEBITZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Civic With B18 Swap Issues...

Hi all, Newbie here…

I recently purchased a 1991 Civic Hatchback with a B18a swap and I have several issues and questions that needs you expertise. I loved the body style and with most of the jobs done I took the opportunity to purchase it for $1400. Body is straight and it seems to run and sounds good, mechanically. Since I’m having a hard time getting more info from the seller maybe I will take the chance asking here. You guys are the experts so here are few questions I have. Please excuse my technical terminology if it’s a little way off since I’m new in this hobby.

Need your Help:

1. It has 1991 Integra B18a swap but I cannot determine if it’s a DOHC or SOHC. I thought all Integra’s has a DOHC but this engine did not have anything that identifies it. Excuse my ignorance...

2. The engine is only supported by 3 mounts which are the driver side, the rear (firewall) and the Transmission mount. Is this safe or are there any possible issues that may arise? It looks like the original bracket has been shaved/removed maybe because of fit/clearance issues on the front cross member and the engine.

3. I’m thinking of getting another mount and brackets for the front (behind the radiator) for the B18 and maybe have somebody weld it for me. But the main issue is that it may not work since the engine motor mounts mounting hole are very close and sits lower than the cross member. Has anyone done this kind of fix? I heard that you can buy an adaptor to convert it, if the existing bracket is still there. If there is, please point me to the right direction/links since I can just buy a stock cross member for $65 and use the adapter.

4. Also, it has a GSR ECU and is this good match for this swap (though I have the stock one as well)?

I really appreciate your time and help getting this flaws resolved. I will post pictures later and you guys have a nice day.

Thanks….

Last edited by TRESSIEBITZ; 09-26-2006 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:36 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

wrong forum man.. theres a different section for pre-92's

CRX & Pre '92 Civic
Old 09-26-2006, 08:20 AM
TRESSIEBITZ

Originally Posted by Running925
wrong forum man.. theres a different section for pre-92's

CRX & Pre '92 Civic
Admin please delete my post. I already posted the same post at the Pre '92 forum.
Thanks...