Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Alpine IVA-W200 DVD/CD and a 2006 CRV EX

Old 09-11-2006, 09:33 AM
daokfella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine IVA-W200 DVD/CD and a 2006 CRV EX

I'd like to purchase an Alpine IVA-W200 in-dash DVD/CD double DIN unit in my 2006 CRV EX however the Crutchfield website says it won't fit. I did a live chat with them and they said it could be installed, but that my CRV doesn't have the necessary internal side mounting brackets to mount a double din install, and that I'd have to fabricate mounting brackets to mount on the sides of the receiver to hold them in place properly. Does this sound right to any of you Honda experts?

The stock radio is a double DIN 6 CD changer. It seems to me the support would already be there. If it's not a daunting task to install, I'd like to get this unit. Any DIYers out there remove the stock radio and install a new one? How hard is it to remove the stock radio? Are all the connections one would need readily accessible behind the unit? Since the Alpine DVD only enables when the parking brake is on...is this switch something that already exists, or is it something I'm gonna have to tear apart the dash to install? (BTW, I'm not interested in bypassing this "feature".)

Thanks,

Jason
Old 09-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Omie
ew n!gg@ u g@y

it should fit in there just fine. i think you might just need a trim ring around it. now did you want to do it yourself or have a professional install it. any local best buy can install for you.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:51 PM
daokfella

Default Self Install

I was hoping to do it myself, but I don't want to have to tear the dash apart. If I think it's more than I can handle, I'd have an installer do it. That's why I was wondering if anyone has replaced the radio in this car model and if they could tell me how easy or difficult it was.