Notices

90 accord dies when i stop

Old 09-01-2006, 06:36 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it moght be your EACV (Electronic Air Control Valve) not catching the idle when you come to a stop .or worse a faulty ECU does it act up more with the A/C on ? should take it to a shop bud as without seeing the car it's only a guess.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:19 PM
djkdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stereo
it moght be your EACV (Electronic Air Control Valve) not catching the idle when you come to a stop .or worse a faulty ECU does it act up more with the A/C on ? should take it to a shop bud as without seeing the car it's only a guess.

i dont even attempt to turn the a/c on lol
Old 09-17-2006, 04:56 PM
ceosonasti

Default same issue here

im having the EXACT same problem with my 94 vigor... to make it even more wierd it only happens when im at 1/2 a tank of gas or less.... i thought at first i was just an idiot and maybe i was running outve gas and didnt realize bcuz the needle is a little off....but i checked and it def only happens after the half way mark.... The less gas in the tank the more it happens up until 1/4 then it happens EVERY time i stop... its wierd the car has 60,000 miles and purs like a kittten so i dont understand it ,,, i figured maybe it might be a similar issue... does it happen when you fill up all the way.... one mechanic told me it could be electrical but he only guessed never put it up and checked it out
Old 09-18-2006, 12:03 PM
4cylinder4ever

I think it may be the Idle Air Control Valve. Because when your car comes to a stop the butterfly in the intake closes completely, so the only other way the engine will run is to let air bypass the through the IAC. If it's plugged up with gum and carbon, the air cannot bypass, resulting in the car stalling/hessiating/stalling when the foot is off the gas pedel / coming to a stop.

Try blasting it your intake with some carb cleaner:

warm up car to normal opperating temp. ( at idle run car until warm)

take the intake hose off of the intake

look inside beside the throttle body butterly, there should be a small peep hole

blast that hole with carb cleaner and while your at it blast the entire intake
too including the butterly. (it'll be messy so use a rag to catch whatever comes out)

when your done, start up the car again. you'll clouds of smoke for a few minutes. try running the car at idle for maybe 15-20 mins to get rid of all the carb cleaner.

hope this helps
Old 09-18-2006, 10:19 PM
djkdawg

Originally Posted by 4cylinder4ever
I think it may be the Idle Air Control Valve. Because when your car comes to a stop the butterfly in the intake closes completely, so the only other way the engine will run is to let air bypass the through the IAC. If it's plugged up with gum and carbon, the air cannot bypass, resulting in the car stalling/hessiating/stalling when the foot is off the gas pedel / coming to a stop.

Try blasting it your intake with some carb cleaner:

warm up car to normal opperating temp. ( at idle run car until warm)

take the intake hose off of the intake

look inside beside the throttle body butterly, there should be a small peep hole

blast that hole with carb cleaner and while your at it blast the entire intake
too including the butterly. (it'll be messy so use a rag to catch whatever comes out)

when your done, start up the car again. you'll clouds of smoke for a few minutes. try running the car at idle for maybe 15-20 mins to get rid of all the carb cleaner.

hope this helps
imma sure give this a try
Old 09-18-2006, 10:36 PM
TypeG

try the pcv valve. later.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:38 PM
djkdawg

will a broken pcv valve do that?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:22 PM
kylet_311

Well, you've basicly described my problem, but it happens to me when its running period, driving or not. My motor is carburated though, but it could still be the same thing. I thought it could be a vacuum leek or a leek in the break lines resulting in a leek in the vaccum system. Also, I know nothing about electronics or automatic sensors. The only thing automatic I get out of it is a headache and fried fingertips...
Old 09-30-2006, 02:33 PM
djkdawg

Originally Posted by kylet_311
Well, you've basicly described my problem, but it happens to me when its running period, driving or not. My motor is carburated though, but it could still be the same thing. I thought it could be a vacuum leek or a leek in the break lines resulting in a leek in the vaccum system. Also, I know nothing about electronics or automatic sensors. The only thing automatic I get out of it is a headache and fried fingertips...

lol well i just went and got another throttle body and all the senors, imma test that tomorrow and let everyone know if that fixes the problem
Old 10-04-2006, 02:14 PM
idol4232003

i had a similar problem a while back:

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=190252

i honestly dont remember doing anything about it as the problem eventually went away. i just let the engine idle for a long time (> 20 mins) and it eventually normalized itself. sorry not much direct help from me...but u may find some info from the above link.