Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

DIY SCS Service Connector and SRS Reset

Old 06-06-2007, 07:54 PM
2005HCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag light on after shampooing the front passenger seat

It is a 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid. The airbag light stays on after the seat was shampooed, which is still damp. Tried the first steps and did not seem to turn off the light at all. Maybe I need to wait until the seat it dry?

Also wondering if it indates only the front passenger airbag is turned off or both front bags?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:49 AM
2005HCH

Default The trick worked!!!

Just to to share with the forum that I successfully applied the steps today and reset the SRS indicator.

One important tip: making sure that the wire/clip is in good contact with the connector. I was using a paper clip that is too thick and had to use a wire instead.

I think Honda/Accura should do it free of charge or allow owners to reset easily.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:59 PM
dvpatel

I have this problem in a 2001 accord. It only has 58K miles. I looked at the fuse boxes on the sides (both driver and passenger) and cannot locate this elusive 2 pin yellow plug. Where exactly is this in a 2001 Accord V6 LX? Any pix for the same model?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Josher

Check out http://www.geocities.com/myintegra96/srs.html for more pictures and steps on resetting the srs.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:30 AM
sarben

Default Thank you!

I used your procedure for re-setting the SRS light on my 2001 Civic and it worked perfectly. My dealer was going to charge me $400 for a new module and never suggested a re-set.

Thank you so much again for your help.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:55 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I'm glad my thread is still helping people
Old 02-04-2008, 04:36 PM
jjjjjoey

Man this light has been bugging me for a while. Thanks!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:16 PM
nickymetro

Default srs reset

hi,i have a 2000 acura tl,i had all the lights on my dash come on one day,talking to a friend ,he said how old is your battery,might be the problem,it was 7 years old,so i changed it,and the lights all went out execpt the srs,which i had brought to the dealer for the recall 3 months ago,not wanting to waste another day to bring it in again,thought i'd try this instead.
i schould have went and got the speaker plug that is mentioned on here,but i had a old on-off flip switch so i wired it up so i didnt have to keep bending over to pull the plug,i could shut the switch to open and close the short,which is what the plug does by pulling it off and on,i used a ohm meter on the ends so i knew which position on the switch was open(off) and which was closed(on) or shorted(better with a switch that is marked with on and off),well it didnt work,because i wasnt getting a good connection. so i got some connectors and added a piece of paper clip to the ends of the wires,and it still didnt work,never got passed step 4,i didnt believe it,almost took it back to the dealer,when i reread the posts on here and saw the one about the thick paper clip,i redid the connectors and added a skinny paper clip to the ends of the wires and stuck it in the bottom holes on the connector,its hard to see under the dash even with a light and then it worked,i was happy to say the least,if i had to do it again,i would get the connector that they said on here,because it gives you a much better connection,but you can add some more wire to it to make it longer with a toggle switch at the end,so you can sit in the driver seat and do this reset without reaching down to pull the plug in and out,thanks to all on here for your inputs,and i hope this helps someone else not to go crazy like i almost did. its also better if you have a helper,to read the instructions or to look at the light,wish i did!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:36 PM
nickymetro

thanks totalimmortal and 2005hch,
i didnt remember your names whem i was writing the post.

nick

Last edited by nickymetro; 03-10-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:55 PM
1199c

great post. saved me at least $100!