Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

DIY SCS Service Connector and SRS Reset

Old 03-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Mr. Pink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this the connector for a 02 civic?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:03 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

All you gotta do is look up there and see.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Mr. Pink

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
All you gotta do is look up there and see.
i was hoping to avoid contorting my 6'2" 275lb frame into the floor boards so i thought i'd just ask. but i guess thats what i'll do. thx anyways.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:47 AM
almew

Default Great Advice - Worked Perfectly

I had just made an appointment at the dealership for the SRS light staying on my 2001 civic. I was told the diagnostic would run over 90 bucks and that it may take three hours . I read the advice and instructions on this site and gave it a try. Best advice I have ever taken in relation to repairing my hondas. I am not the most mechanically inclined individual and was also worried about the fuctioning after completion. As soon as I completed the steps - the SRS light behaved as if new (stayed on for a few seconds after starting and went out). Thanks for saving me some money!! A word of caution for those, like me, who do not deal with repairs often: The MES plug has a release tab. Depress the tab and it will come out smooth. I tore up the base of the plug due to my lack of patience.

Last edited by almew; 04-07-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:14 PM
greenaccord02

This is my first post - I've been lurking for two days. Just got my EX the other day and found out about this place shortly after. Anyway, my SRS indicator was on and I cleared it using this procedure, which worked perfectly. I went in today to take advantage of the 'Honda Car Care Days' or whatever it's called - in April they give you a free 40 point inspection regardless of warranty/mileage and check your car for recall notices. My car had a recall notice on the airbag system (and another unrelated one), but since I had cleared the system's memory they were unable to tell exactly what the srs problem was. Anyway, people with 02 year model accords (and everybody else) might want to go have their car checked for a recall if the light is on. This might be a problem that you can get fixed free. The service tech asked me why I cleared the light, I said "So it would go away."

Sorry for the long post. Good forum you've got here.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:06 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

If it doesn't come back, then it was nothing. If it comes back, take it back for the recall.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:41 PM
greenaccord02

Got the car back today - they tested the ODPS and found it was bad. It was replaced, as were the seat sensors, for free.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:03 AM
kristian_0

Does this proceed (srs light reset) work on cr-v ? (1997.)
Old 04-18-2007, 10:04 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I don't see why not, the connector may be in a different spot.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:28 AM
WillGatlin18
AccordDisaster

Default 94 Honda Accord ABS

The abs light is on in my 94 honda accord. I dont know if theres actually somehting wrong with it or the light just came on because something wierd triggered it.

I dont know where the connector is to reset the abs system. In the thread it was describing certain places but that doesnt match my car. My OBD1 connector is under the passenger side glove box, is that other connector my abs service connector?

If so, can i just use a paper clip to short it and read a code like the check engine liight? Or is there a way to just directly re-set the abs system.

THanks.