Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spyshots & Production Photos

Old 07-19-2006, 09:09 AM
mayonaise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spyshots & Production Photos

meh.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/1260
Needless to say fans of the Nissan Sentra have been less than enthusiastic about the styling of the next-generation model due out later this year. Maybe these latest spy photos of the 2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R will cheer them up a little. Even with the taped up front and rear ends it's clear the SE-R will get typical high-performance mods like a deeper front air dam, rear deck spoiler and extended sills. Bigger wheels and tires add some muscle to its stance, and just in case you're still in doubt about the authenticity of this prototype we added a close up of one of the heavy-duty brake calipers and its "SE-R" lettering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
08.sentra.f34.430.jpg (32.6 KB, 188 views)
08.sentra.pro.430.jpg (24.4 KB, 136 views)
08.sentra.r34.430.jpg (30.9 KB, 117 views)
08.sentra.whl.430.jpg (30.1 KB, 86 views)
Old 07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
AcuraFanatic

They should add at least another foot of wheel gap.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:12 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Gross.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Cyclonus
UP AND ADD THEM

holy ion
Old 07-20-2006, 12:19 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I'm witholding judgment until the camoflage comes off and the aero bits are finshed.

I actually sort of like the design of the new base model Sentra... so if they get serious about the SE-R's motor and suspension this time around, who knows... :shrug:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:03 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
I'm witholding judgment until the camoflage comes off and the aero bits are finshed.

I actually sort of like the design of the new base model Sentra... so if they get serious about the SE-R's motor and suspension this time around, who knows... :shrug:
classy...rather than just making impressions of the car without truly seeing it!

i'll wait until i get a good look at it in person...disguised photographs even normal pictures do not do most cars justice than seeing it in person
Old 07-20-2006, 05:12 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by jaje
classy...rather than just making impressions of the car without truly seeing it!

i'll wait until i get a good look at it in person...disguised photographs even normal pictures do not do most cars justice than seeing it in person
:shrug: A lot can be hidden by tape....

And if they're still experimenting with ride height and spring rate, they're probably 8 months away from completion (if not longer). h:

What I'd really like to know is what's going under the hood. I hope they aren't going to make the same mistake twice and just drop in another unmolested QR25DE from the Altima. :a:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:21 PM
asianautica

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
:shrug: A lot can be hidden by tape....

And if they're still experimenting with ride height and spring rate, they're probably 8 months away from completion (if not longer). h:

What I'd really like to know is what's going under the hood. I hope they aren't going to make the same mistake twice and just drop in another unmolested QR25DE from the Altima. :a:
I completely agree. The engine and suspension is what will make or break cars in this segment. Hopefully, we'll get the MR20DET from Megane Sport making I think around 220HP.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:53 AM
KV_
Shift_for yourself

Originally Posted by asianautica
I completely agree. The engine and suspension is what will make or break cars in this segment. Hopefully, we'll get the MR20DET from Megane Sport making I think around 220HP.

Yeah this will probably be my next Se-r, especially if that motor comes in it. But I don't think they are going to do that, I remember seeing somewhere that its getting a reworked QR that is putting out about 200hp. But keep fingers crossed for the Megaine motor.

Hmmm think that Civic Si is there for a reason

Some info
http://www.japanesecarfans.com/spyphotos/6060725.001/6060725.001.mini1L.jpg
Old 07-27-2006, 07:36 AM
MtViewGuy88
Hopeful FIT owner

It will be very interesting to see if Nissan will offer the JATCO CVT automatic from the Nissan Altima as an option for the Sentra SE-R sports sedan. I think they will in addition to a more "sporting" six-speed close-ration manual transmission.