Notices

Fuel pump going bad? What are symptoms?

Old 08-12-2006, 08:28 PM
91civicse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my civic had the same idle issue, i dont know if this would fix yours but it might help. (assuming u have a 1.5l) first remove the top of the throttle body , the black cover thats labled DPFI , then started the car, then sprayed a shit load of throttle body cleaner into the honeycomb looking thing there while spraying reve the engine up and down with the throttle cable, then put the lid back on and drive the car right away for a bit (i did some quick full throttles). i repeated this a couple of times and my idle has straightend out pretty good
Old 08-17-2006, 12:24 PM
redcivicforever

Originally Posted by 91civicse
my civic had the same idle issue, i dont know if this would fix yours but it might help. (assuming u have a 1.5l) first remove the top of the throttle body , the black cover thats labled DPFI , then started the car, then sprayed a shit load of throttle body cleaner into the honeycomb looking thing there while spraying reve the engine up and down with the throttle cable, then put the lid back on and drive the car right away for a bit (i did some quick full throttles). i repeated this a couple of times and my idle has straightend out pretty good
Thanks so much for your help. But I don't know how to work on cars mysef, do you think if I just the TPS replaced it would have the same affect or would I have to replace the entire throttle body? Thanks again for your help
Old 08-18-2006, 04:11 AM
Tankard

When my main relay was going bad, my car did that. It kind of jerked and hesitated on acceleration sometimes. It also had the no starting when hot symptoms also, sometimes. I replaced the fuel pump for no reason, thinking that was my problem. I then read here about the main relay. I took it out and re-soldered all the solder points, and it fixed my problem.