rugsr
How do my taillights look

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a S2000 really worth it? HELP

OK GUYS, big help here.
I have a 94 civic ex as my daily 135k on her
I have a 95 GSR Turbo as my fun car 94k on her
NOW, I found a 2000 S2K for $16,500 with 15,000 on her
YES 15K on her. Black on black convertible....MINT. The old man selling it said he only drove it on sundays and for only a few months in the yr. OF COURSE no winters. The under body is SPOTLESS. Carfax came up perfect. IN MY EYES the car is BY FAR worth it. BUT i dont really know a lot about the S2K's, except for the fact that IVE ALWAYS wanted one.
HOW do the 00's differ from the 06's? Is it going to be easier to upgrade or more difficult? I know the 06s look a liiiiiittle bit different but not much.
I guess what Im asking is should I get this one now...or wait till i FIND a 06+ and snag that. 15k is a shit load lower then 32k
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
Thanks all

my goal for the car is to probably just keep it stock, mabye intake and exhaust but idont think id boost it since my GSR is already. This would just be a nice relaxing yet FUN FUN FUN car to drive on sundays

Last edited by rugsr; 07-10-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:05 PM
XENITH
HAN Approved Vendor

DEFINITELY get it... that is a steal, 15k is usually 20g's+

the earlier s2k models are alot more aggressive... they are harder to drive if you're into touge and that kinda stuff, and the newer models got that extra little torque. *shrugs* i'd take the s2k in a heart beat
Old 07-10-2006, 09:37 PM
rugsr

SO why are they so hard to drive? touchy clutch? wheels kick out? rear slids too much
Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

last i checked no one really knows.

i'd imagine i'd have to do with it poducing 240 horse in a very light chasis. and beyond that there are alot of FWD people that upgrade to the s2k who have barley driven RWD cars... so i wouldnt imgaine i'd be too uncommon for it to jump out on them.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Buyimports2

They are sweet. Only problem is you go through tires like mad.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:10 AM
rugsr

240HP RWD > 300HP FWD???
Only RWD car i drove was my fathers 87 grand markey'...it was nice
Old 07-11-2006, 03:04 PM
LateApex
Track Day Club

It's not difficult to drive at all on a normal driving basis.

If you're inclined to drive very spiritedly, then you've got to learn the set of parameters dictated by the conditions and drive accordingly.

The most likely lost control situation is having your rear end walk (oversteer) on you. It's very unsettling to feel your rear tires catching up with the fronts.

If you are taking a ramp or turn on cold, damp roads, you can take about 6/10 of the G's that you could easily take on dry pavement. If the turn goes off-camber, cut that back to 5/10. If it's raining, cut that back to 4/10's.

If you are pushing in a turn, you can't add throttle to power yourself out of it as you do with FWD. You've got to ease the throttle (don't lift under any circumstances) and maybe use steering into it to catch traction.

It's a great price on that car. Do it.

I was a "German Car Snob" for more than 30 years. A MY00 S2000 was my first Japanese car. I did nearly 40 track days with it before it broke. That's about twice as many as I ever got out of a BMW. I'm now have an MY04 S2000 and I hope that they never stop making them.
Go to some HPDE days were there is instruction and you can learn most of the cars characteristics in one day and another three will make you fairly expert in it.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:33 PM
dubcac
I

The back end likes to kick out under hard cornering, because it's a short wheelbase rwd car. As said above, you can't stab the throttle coming out of a turn, and don't lift under any circumstances. In rain and cold weather, be very careful.

It's by far the best handling car I have ever driven.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:41 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by dubcac
The back end likes to kick out under hard cornering, because it's a short wheelbase rwd car. As said above, you can't stab the throttle coming out of a turn, and don't lift under any circumstances. In rain and cold weather, be very careful.

It's by far the best handling car I have ever driven.
You don't count, I would call you somewhat biased on this subject

I keed... The man speaks the truth
Old 07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
rugsr

So I test drove a S2000 today and was not impressed!

WELL i was and wasnt. The car is awesome. looks great and feels perfect. like im sitting in a jet or something. steering is awesome and i let the rear end kick out to see what happenes. i took my foot off the gas a smidge and it straightened right out. just driving it for 10 minutes i got looks up the ass, guys/girls and even this 80yr old guy checking his mail. He tossed me a thumbs up! good stuff

What im not impressed with is its performance. I think its because im used to my 300+ HP teg. The 2000 is a 2.0L and I think has around 220HP, so theres a big difference in HP. I jumped on it and was waiting for it to kick in, "wheres the power!" Even VTEC kinda seemed like nothing.

They want 20K but I got him down to 18,400. Exhaust has a dent and it has a small crack in the windshield.

DONT GET ME WRONG....I LOOOOVE THE CAR! But im not sure if I want to buy a slower car then I have. I guess im more into straight line then corners.

Convince me to buy this and sell the GSRT!

ouch!

Last edited by rugsr; 07-12-2006 at 08:25 AM.