Notices

Red Learning key

Old 11-25-2009, 05:28 AM
prelude1897

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nustarzent
Hey stereo
How are you? You seem to be very knowledge about this key stuff. Ok so here is my problem i lost the only key that i have to my 1999 Aucra RL3.5 can a lock smith or someone make me a key without having to tow my car to the dealer and spend over 500 dollars? If you have an answer pleas let me know. Oh i have to mention that i dont have the red key either.
Thanks
Some lock smiths have the computer system to be able to make you a new key and be able to reprogram the immobilizer system. Your best bet is to call up a few and see what they can do for you.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Acura RL Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mkazm83
There is a reason why the package say's to never use that key, now, You're at the mercy of the dealer.
On Sunday 2-26-12 I locked my last set of keys of my Aucra RL 2000 in the trunk. After reading this blog and searching elsewhere, I was hesitant to use the RED LEARNING KEY to open my door to get into the car to open the trunk. My husband and I could not find any discussion about using the key to unlock a door. However, we went forward and used the key to open the door. Just wanted to let you know that there does not seem to be any harm for using the RED LEARNING KEY to open a door. We got into the trunk, got the keys and have promissed eachother that we will make an appt with our local dealership to get an extra set of keys.