Notices

PCMCIA pc card for mp3s through navi

Old 06-27-2006, 02:47 PM
herbcheck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCMCIA pc card for mp3s through navi

Ok so i treid to hack my Nav screen and well it never worked. However i want to use my PC card slot for mp3s on my EX-l 2006 honda accord. I would like to get the USB model but when i didnt close my player in the trunk it said that it was open so i think ill have to get one that has a memory card in it. Similiar to this in the civic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc3pcDM_JV0...ch=Ipod%20Civic. I was wondering if any one has done this??? I would like to know if i could maybe cut out a part so i could use the USB and connect a ipod to it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)
Old 06-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i doubt the stock unit has the software to detect other pcmcia cards besides memory units.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:52 AM
herbcheck

Default Thanks

Jani, you think it would work??? I went to the store best buy, officemax and compusa and non of them had PC readers. They said they are not selling them WTF. If it works in the civic you think i would work in the accord if you had a memory card reader. I keep watching the video and it looks like it would. Thanks for your reply
Old 07-02-2006, 07:30 AM
lrakiders

won't work.
I tried on my 2003 v-6 coupe ex-l w/ NAVi. Loaded a pc card reader with SD memory filled with mp3s. The car won't recongnize it.
Problem is accords pc slots are only for diagnosis. New generation civic's pc slots has mp3 functions as well.