Notices

no tail lights, no dash lights

Old 06-25-2006, 04:31 PM
longshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no tail lights, no dash lights

We have a 90 Accord. We lost the dash lights and when they went we also lost the tail lights. Fuses all look good. Any suggestions? The car does not have a new radio.
Thanks!
Old 06-25-2006, 07:11 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Do the fuses all "look" good? or are they good?.......check them all cuz they might "look" good but when pulls out they're toast
Old 06-25-2006, 10:16 PM
scotttharobot
beer here

Happened in my 94 accord. It was the "small light" fuse under the hood.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:00 PM
AccordVT
Ian

Default Wow

Happened to my friend's 94 Accord too yeah, it was the "Small Light" Fuse Under the hood in the fuse box near front passenger side shock mount. It's a 15 Amp Blue:irock:

Last edited by AccordVT; 06-25-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:41 PM
hrogers

Default Same problem on my 93 accord but..

I spent one full day working on it and have no answer..yet. I un-plugged all the rear light assemblies to rule out bad sockets or bulbs. Still the Small Lights fuse blows turn I turn on the headlights to the parking light position. There is one strange thing: I have a volt meter and it shows continuity when the probes are inserted where the lights plug in. This usually means the wires are connected somewhere like a short circuit. This happens but not on the Yellow side marker socket in the front. I thought this was normal?

Someone else at this forum mentioned a bad dimmer switch

Also my stereo was replaced but never really installed properly. The wires may be frayed but who knows.

Whom ever has an answer or suggestion please help
Old 10-29-2007, 08:08 AM
fstop128

could be dimmer switch or like u said the stero wasnt installed correctly. wires maybe touching each other.. the wiring for the dimmer switch controls alot of things.. ground wires under the hood can control the lights also.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:45 PM
kkelley123

Default I replaced switches in steering column and it worked...

Originally Posted by longshot
We have a 90 Accord. We lost the dash lights and when they went we also lost the tail lights. Fuses all look good. Any suggestions? The car does not have a new radio.
Thanks!
You can go to junkyard and ask for turn signal assembly thing (can't remember the exact name of it) that has the headlites, wipers etc on it...it comes together but does come apart easily then you disengage the airbag, remove old one then replace with new one or the parts of it you need...cost me about 20 bucks...just a thought and it fixed mine...
Old 11-22-2007, 03:33 PM
dabaddon

yeh i had the same problem 2, i 1st had to custom switch manually the bulb sockets n stuck in the tl, pretty ghetto but works, thats just temp til i went to the junkyard n replaced the turn signal, hl, n wiper assembly as said above,
this possible due to a burnt circuit unless if u know how to solder n locatiing it