Notices

straight pipe

Old 06-23-2006, 09:27 PM
vtec-y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default straight pipe

i just bought a "high flow cat" off ebay (i know its a straight pipe, its what i wanted)

anyway, the straight pipe doesn't have a hole for the second O2 sensor...what the heck should i do? can a shop do it or can i drill a hole that will allow the o2 sensor to be screwed in?

i like doing things myself plus i assume a shop wouldn't do this procedure b/c it is obviously against the law?

thanks,
andrew
Old 06-24-2006, 07:19 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Most shops will weld an o2 bung in there for you, they just wont install it for you. It should be an 18mm if I recall correctly, they are for the 6th gens anyway. What year is your car??

I just got my Megan test pipe in today. o2 sensor was in it, what kind did you get?? The megan one looks BEEFY!! Don't let people tell you you'll lose low end TQ either, honda's don't have any to begin with.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:54 AM
vtec-y

thats cool. how much did it cost? install should be easy b/c it came with new nuts and bolts.

i dont think mine is made by meagan but it too looks beefy... if you hit me in the head with it i'd get another concussion.

i have a 5th gen accord. it has very little power down low, just enough to not stall out hahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahhahahaahahahahahahah ahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahh
which shops did you mean?
one of those crappy walk in places? ie. meineke, midas, ntb or do i need to go to a real shop? also once i install this thang my CEL will be on all the time right?

ok thanks,
andrew

Last edited by vtec-y; 06-24-2006 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:35 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

You'll have better luck with the smaller shops, shops that arn't tied to the same rules that bigger shops are. The Megan ones have a Megan badge tack welded on to them. If you dont do this(click here) you will get a CEL. Using the non-fouler, you can get around the CEL. My Megan was just over $50 shipped. I suggest soaking the old bolts in PB Blaster to help aid in getting them off. Also, use some anti-sieze on the new bolts as well as the o2 sensor to make it easier to remove if you ever have to. Good luck!!!