Notices

HELP Please

Old 06-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Esco5710

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP Please

This forum has always been great helping me out with my 99 Accord.. I'm asking for some assistance once again... I'm uncertain on what needs to be to fix my 2 current issues with my car. The AC is blowing out hot air and I'm trying not to bring it to a mechanic to pay out my ass when, IF, I can change a filter or fix myself. Only I'm not sure where to start looking to correct this..

My 2nd problem is that the radio doesn't turn on. I checked the fuses and they were okay. I don't think it's the actual radio b/c it turns on at times and the lighter does the same thing at times as well. Not always symotaneously tho.

Any assistance, suggestions or comments will be appreciated.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:33 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

well as far as ur AC goes, the most common cause of poor cooling is a low system refrigerant charge so (you need to charge your coolant) which isn't too expensive....as far as your radio/lighter, sounds like a wire is lose i would take out the radio and double check all wiring, i think the lighter power wire is in the same vacinity or even connected to the radio 5v source, i maybe wrong but thats my 2 cents
Old 06-22-2006, 09:30 PM
CaliAccord

Yes, there's probably a short somewhere.

Also you might try and replace the fuse. It might look ok, but there might be problems with it. I've had fuses that had already broken, but both ends of the filament would touch/untouch at times.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Esco5710

Ok... I guess it wasn't a short circuit and possibly the radio itself.. I put the factory radio back in the car and it's working fine.. I checked the fuse on the radio and it looks fine.. I'm going to try to change the fuse even tho it looks ok as someone suggested.. I don't know what else it can be???

I'm going to bring the car to a mechanic to fix the air conditioner.. I'm not trying to mess around and mess something up..
Old 06-26-2006, 04:39 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Esco5710
I'm going to bring the car to a mechanic to fix the air conditioner.. I'm not trying to mess around and mess something up..
Or just shell out $80 for a Helms manual and you can spend a fun day troubleshooting it
Old 06-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

Instead of paying a mechanic to recharge your A/C, try this first.
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...tnumber=MAC134
Old 06-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Esco5710

thanks... I just picked this up and will be trying it this afternoon... The person at the store said they've used it before and it works pretty good. Will get back to yall with my results.