Notices

alignment problem

Old 06-20-2006, 07:01 AM
mohsinkhan35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alignment problem

Hello guys
i am back with few problems in my accord 92 ex manual trans. month ago i hit a side walk and my front right tire was bent towards passenger side of fender. now in order to keep my car straight i had to turn my steering wheel around 40 degrees to the right side. that means if i keep steering straight, the car will go towards left side. now i took it to mechanic. he straightened out the frame. he did the alignment, changed ball joints, balance rod and strut bar. when i took the car back, the car had still some play in the steering. it was way better than before but i still had to slightly keep the steering towards right side to keep the car straight. i went back he told me that i need wheel rotation and wheel balancing. i did the wheel balancing, spent couple of bucks. now the problem is opposite. i have to keep my steering towards left side to keep my car going straight. all i want to know is what problem could it be. is they guy lying about him doing the alignment or is it my wheels?

Last edited by mohsinkhan35; 06-20-2006 at 07:03 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the direction changed after rotating the tires, then the wheels are the problem. Either a bent rim or damaged tire.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:52 PM
FooD2000
Still Water

Sounds like you might be getting radial pull, that happens sometimes if you get shity tires.

Wheel rotation is just him just switching tires from front to back. Wheel balancing is if you are feel any vibration at X MPH and the wheel is basically whoobling.

Are you lowered? I think you are getting radial pull. Have him mount / un-mount the tire you replace to the other side. If it pulls to that side then you are getting radial pull and have him put a new one on.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:15 PM
mohsinkhan35

well i am not lowered, i have stock springs. umm by the way what is radial pull and jani i do have a bent rim but it is in back tires and yeah its true my front tires are shitty i need to change them.

out of topic: i dont wanna sacrifice the ride comfort over lowered springs and show off
Old 06-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Illicit Accord

Originally Posted by mohsinkhan35
well i am not lowered, i have stock springs. umm by the way what is radial pull and jani i do have a bent rim but it is in back tires and yeah its true my front tires are shitty i need to change them.

out of topic: i dont wanna sacrifice the ride comfort over lowered springs and show off
if you know someone with wheels that fit on the car try their's out. if she rides smooth thasss the prob
Old 06-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one of the tires is out of whack and is causing the car to pull to the side. If balancing and alignment were done, and rotating the tires caused the car to pull in the opposite direction, then the guilty suspects are the rim and the tire.

a few weeks ago, my friend had a new set of tires installed and it began pulling to the left. after alignment, balancing, and rotation, it pulled to the right. He wen back to the place he got the tires and it turned out the new tire was faulty. replacing it fixed the problem
Old 06-21-2006, 09:02 PM
mohsinkhan35

well here's the problem guys. i think he was lying about the alignment. today i took it to another garage where they checked it my car's upper tables(both sides), tie rod ends (both sides) and left bearing are almost finished. so i have to get these parts plus 4 tires which will cost me another good 500$. ohh well i guess the tie rods ball joints are maintenance and they eventually wear out. car's engine is still fine at 216000 kilometres(not miles).

leaving topic aside. i live in Canada where the car speed is shown in km. i wanna get reverse glow guages off ebay but the problem is the display is in miles. how do i get around with it :S
Old 06-21-2006, 09:02 PM
mohsinkhan35

well here's the problem guys. i think he was lying about the alignment. today i took it to another garage where they checked it my car's upper tables(both sides), tie rod ends (both sides) and left bearing are almost finished. so i have to get these parts plus 4 tires which will cost me another good 500$. ohh well i guess the tie rods ball joints are maintenance and they eventually wear out. car's engine is still fine at 216000 kilometres(not miles).

leaving topic aside. i live in Canada where the car speed is shown in km. i wanna get reverse glow guages off ebay but the problem is the display is in miles. how do i get around with it :S
Old 06-21-2006, 10:59 PM
CaliAccord

Originally Posted by mohsinkhan35
Well, they usually come in both varieties. You either have to stick it out and wait until you find the correct version, or you have to just get used to it (ie: X km for Y mph)
Old 06-22-2006, 07:18 AM
fstop128

get your wheel bearing changed. it will cause the pull and tire wear. it isnt pretty when one of the bearings gives up the ghost completely. inner tie rod sets the toe. if the tie rod is bad u can check it yourself. jack up the car off of the tires and see if u can move the tire any towards u and away from u. to check the wheel bearing see how it moves when u move it forward while u have it up off the ground. the vibration can be pretty bad with a bad bearing. there will be a loud hum. the wheel will eventually stop moving. car may not, u can figure out the end result.