Notices

Ipod through streeing wheel and Nav

Old 07-18-2006, 03:01 PM
herbcheck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod through streeing wheel and Nav

Is there any way to control your ipod though the nav or the steering wheel if you buy a product to hook up your ipod tough the nav?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:08 PM
dimaj
2005 Coupe Ex 6MT

There is a way to control it through the steering wheel... all you need to do is go to some local electronics store and get an adaptor (iceLink->plus)
If i'm not mistaken it is about $150 or $200. If you have XM in your car, you WILL loose it... right now I'm thinking about making a custom adaptor to get my XM back.
Once it is connected (it is using your aux port in the back of the stereo) just plug in your iPod into the special cradle and enjoy controling the volume, skipping tracks and so forth...

I'm not sure what will happen with NAVi, but on my stock stereo, i DID NOT see the track's name
Old 07-18-2006, 04:02 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

What year is your Accord?

I believe Monster Cable also sells an Ipod interface...

...how lazy are we that we can't bother to reach down to the cup holder and skip a track on the ipod? (That's sarcasm BTW.)
Old 07-18-2006, 04:09 PM
dimaj
2005 Coupe Ex 6MT

Originally Posted by MrChad
...how lazy are we that we can't bother to reach down to the cup holder and skip a track on the ipod? (That's sarcasm BTW.)
hahahaha.... well... nowadays it's not about reaching down... it's why should I, when I have a chance not too