Notices

Someone Keyed My Car

Old 06-19-2006, 05:43 AM
sammyg10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone Keyed My Car

I woke up this morning and was getting ready to go to work and saw some idiot keyed my car (2005 Ex-L Sedan). I'll post some pics later today but the marks look like someone actually took the time to key it (not just one mark across but atleast 10-12 touches)....the weird thing is I just moved to this area and don't know a soul here. In any case, I was wondering if any of yall know a way to fix it...its about a 4x6in area with marks that look like bricks stacked. I don't want to get my insurance involved cause they're a PIA....arghh...hate this so much.....why why why would anyone do something to my car only when half the parking lot is TL's and Benz?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:50 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

if the repair is estimated over your deductable ... i'd get insurance involved. Sorry man.

if they're surface scratches, you might be able to buff them out ... if they're down to the metal, you'll need a shop. :hs:
Old 06-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

Dude, that sucks. I know the feeling. It happened to me before in a totally unfamiliar city where I knew no one. It was probably some punk ass junior high school kids who don't know anything about cars. In my case it was multiple deep long scratches starting near the headlights and ending near the taillights. I never got it fixed because in a weird sort of way it looked like graphics or some squiggly pinstripes. I probably should've had my insurance pay for it. I would if it happened again. At the time I was worried that my rates would go up but since it's not a "collision" claim it shouldn't increase. This would fall under the "comprehensive" category which according to State Farm won't raise your rates. I'd file with your insurance or at least ask them even if they're a PITA.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:10 PM
sammyg10

I don't think they are down to the metal....or maybe just a little bit...I'll try calling the insurance to see what they can do...in any case...is there anything else..like touch up paint from Autozone or AAP that I can buy...and fix it?

Thanks for your help guys!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:21 PM
sammyg10

Here's the pic....it just stopped raining...so ignore the crap on the sides....the scratches are worse than I thought...if you look close...you can see the paint...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
keyed.JPG (82.8 KB, 168 views)
Old 06-19-2006, 01:24 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Thats more than one key. I can't tell what they used.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:31 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

thats tight, id keep it.
it's like my friend's design
Old 06-19-2006, 03:41 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Someone should get thier ass kicked. And then they should have to pay for the repair out of thier own pocket. Stupid little pieces of shit.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:51 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

It allmost looks like a strip of nails. There's two distinct sets of scratches that are both the same shape and direction.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:01 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks like something that has a uniform comb like design, i would assme this to be something like a sheetrock saw or blade off of a reciprocating saw.

is anyone in the area into construction or is there a construction job around your area?

:edit:
it could possibly have been a knife. but it looks pretty deep to me.

Last edited by sherwood; 06-19-2006 at 06:03 PM.