Notices

exhaust smell in cabin

Old 06-18-2006, 12:32 PM
accordsir86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust smell in cabin

for a while now i have noticed at high rpm's there is this smell of exhaust in the cabin of the car for a few seconds then it goes away. i searched HAN and found a similar post but no one replied to that post which is for a civic. anyone know what the problem might be or has anyone experianced the same problem before. exhaust leak from header?.........bad exhaust manifold gasket?..........?????????????????? what do u guys think. its a 97 Accord EX w/ Greddy cat back, mugen throttle body, MSD wires, Denso plugs, and AEM CAI. i forgot to add it has
113k miles and runs great no problems mechanically or cosmetic.

Last edited by accordsir86; 06-18-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:27 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Have you gotten under the car to check for a torn flexpipe?? If thats not it it's most likely a gasket, which you wont be able to see, or a hole in the exhaust somewhere that you'll see right away. How long has the problem been going on??
Old 06-18-2006, 02:00 PM
accordsir86

for about two months. i really dont drive too crazy or fast but when i do hit the high rpms i can smell it. last time i did it was yesterday and before that last month some time i cant remember. ill be gettin under the car asap to see what it is.