Notices

'02 Accord OEM fog lights don't work -

Old 06-16-2006, 06:15 PM
buffalobill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 Accord OEM fog lights don't work -

I just installed a brand new (and factory sealed) Honda OEM fog light kit in my '02 Accord EX I4 coupe. I took my time and double checked everything as I installed it (had lots of light and wasn't drinking, either - lol) The fog lights do not work at all, and when the fog light switch is in the 'ON' position, I get a nasty sounding buzzing/vibrating from one of the relays provided in the fog light installation kit. It's the relay that is installed next to the engine hood release lever - it's mounted behind the left footwell 'kick panel'.

I've yet to reinstall all of the plastic dashboard and other interior pieces, plus the OEM radio and center console contol panel (w/ the HVAC and audio controls) is also out of the dashboard. They were removed because I was also installing an OEM ashtray/lighter at the same time. (btw - the ashtray light and the lighter work fine)

Could there be some 'connection' between the radio, or the audio & HVAC controls being uninstalled, and the fog lights not working? Kinda doubt it, and I suspect that the relay may be faulty. I checked the fuses and they are fine, and all the grounds appear okay. Everything else electrical works fine.

Anyone ever experience a similar problem with OEM Honda fog lights ? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by buffalobill; 06-16-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the buzzing indicates an issue with one of the relays... doublecheck your wiring with honda's instructions.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:39 PM
flyromeo3

replace the relay
Old 06-18-2006, 06:26 PM
buffalobill

Do I need to replace the relay w/ one from Honda, or can I use a generic (and far less expensive) one typically used w/ aftermarket driving or fog lamps. I've read that Honda's mighty 'proud' of their relays (and unfortunately I purchased this OEM Honda kit on eBay - it was sealed up and all that, but the local dealer will not be any help - nor do I expect him to be, as he didn't sell it to me. . .)