Notices

How to Rid yourself of spongy brakes?

Old 06-16-2006, 08:18 AM
November

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Rid yourself of spongy brakes?

If any of you remember my preivious posts I got into an accident. I have gotten it down to the point that if my brakes were spongey the accident would probably have never happened. I got my car back from the shop that day with new motor mounts installed and I had to have some wheel lugs replaced. After I drove it off the lot I noticed the brakes were spongier than shit. It was pretty annoying. I'm going to get my car back in a few days.....how can I get them back to normal? I'm going to kill someone(possibly literally) if this happens again in the near future(not really literally).

Nic
-ciao
Old 06-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Topend
scooted

Replace all the fluid in the lines. Use new FACTORY SPEC fluid. Replace all shoes. Sounds like you could have a torn brake line or some issue that wouldn't allow you to get correct pressure. Does the car stop like normal even with the spongy brake-feel?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
reno96teg

i highly doubt you have a torn brake line, but it certainly sounds like there's air in the system. for starters, swap out all of the brake fluid and bleed the lines.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:32 AM
November

Originally Posted by reno96teg
i highly doubt you have a torn brake line, but it certainly sounds like there's air in the system. for starters, swap out all of the brake fluid and bleed the lines.
Yeah I was thinkin' about doin' that, before I took it to the shop it was brakin' fine afterwards it wasn't . But I read up on bleeding and such and I'll give that a go. I hope it solves it. Thank you for the pointers.

Nic
-ciao
Old 06-16-2006, 11:31 AM
asheylarry

rotors and pads could be glazed and the pads cant grab. but most likely air.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:50 AM
November

Originally Posted by asheylarry
rotors and pads could be glazed and the pads cant grab. but most likely air.
It's possible but I'd hope not the brakes and rotors are new(about 2 months old now).