Notices

Racket Pinion

Old 06-16-2006, 05:50 AM
Darkwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racket Pinion

Local shops is charging quite a bit to have it replaced and since my car is an older model (97 LX) with high miles I'd like to try to take on the task myself. I've tried looking online for more info or a possible guide but no luck. does anyone know of a good site that would help me take a look at what I'd be getting into before I do proceed with this?

I can find the part for about $260ish and have a free lifetime alignment with a shop so that won't add to much to the cost if I end up doing it myself.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

:lmao: It's rack and pinion not racket pinion. I don't know much about it on your vehicle but I'd invest in a Helms manual if you plan on tackling that. It'll provide very detailed step by step instructions.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:23 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have u try searching on ebay or autozone and other honda parts websites online? get the manual like Big AL said and save some money but you will need some skills. I know a great mechanic who did mine and also he replace a front axle at the same time for only $60.
how much $ the shop wants from u?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:24 PM
darkwingduck

Sorry other sign in name is giving me problems. All the local shops are charging me roughly $950-$1,100 for the job and parts. They said the part is about $440 and the rest is labor for a 4 1/2 hour job.