Notices

power antenna

Old 06-06-2006, 10:03 PM
mohsinkhan35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power antenna

when i bought my accord. it had an aftermarket cd player installed. Sony to be more precised. Power antenna was working fine but when i changed to pioneer deh-p7700, the antenna is not working anymore. When i switched back to sony it worked. I connected each and every wire from old harness to new one but i dont know what i am missing. does anyone have any idea or a manual to install the antenna??
Old 06-07-2006, 04:27 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

the power antenna should be just that individual, pen cap looking plug.

It shouldn't be anything more than a swap.

Trace that wire down ... there isn't an XM tuner strapped to it, is there?
Old 06-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

hey dude nice stereo... used to have it till 2 weeks ago... bastards stole it. anyway the remote turn-on wire the antenna uses is blue. if that dont work it may be a bad connection somewhere within the unit itself. if you just bought it bring it back for a new one if it dont go.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
mohsinkhan35

well i dont know but when i change it back to sony. it works fine. so the problem is i gotta find the right wire in old harness which operates car;s power antenna and then connect it to the new harness. currently my car is getting repaired coz i hit a side walk so lower arm, strut bar, axle, frame, tie rod everything is bust

@Shallow bay. i feel sorry man i could see in pictures that the remote is there but there is no deck in ur car. so wouldn;t ur insurance pay u for that. was there more damage than that? i used to have 90 accord ex-r(canada) and will post the pic it was automatic. now i bought a 92 accord manual trans. and i am loving it. i will post the pics soon

Last edited by mohsinkhan35; 06-07-2006 at 09:50 PM.