Notices

what do you think about accords?

Old 06-05-2006, 11:32 PM
aznpimpin89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think about accords?

I have an automatic 98 accord. Is this car good for fixing up? Show car and/or speed?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:24 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

well, auto can be hinderance in SOME cases. But the V6 guys don't seem to let it stop them.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:41 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

more for show if its an auto/4dr. even 2dr coupes arent meant for speed. accords in general are large cars, especially the late gens. no point in trying to make them run low 12's IMO, although autoX'ing would be more viable
Old 06-06-2006, 07:37 AM
skabone69

if your willing to spend some cash, and by that I mean a lot of cash. you can turn the accord into a nasty sleeper. I have a friend thats spent about 10K on his accord but he's pushing over 300whp on his 6th gen.
it depends on what you want out of the accord, but with the right amount of money you can do almost anything with the accord. if you want a fun daily driver like me, just slap on some bolt ons, do up the suspension, throw in some rims, and maybe a few asthetic items and you'll be good to go.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:19 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TaekOne
more for show if its an auto/4dr. even 2dr coupes arent meant for speed. accords in general are large cars, especially the late gens. no point in trying to make them run low 12's IMO, although autoX'ing would be more viable
I agree. But it's so hard to build a car for show when everything has already been done to it and there are hundreds of thousands of them in the country. Your best bet is to customize a couple things you like, but not go crazy with it or spend too much money. Save it for a down payment on a newer car
Old 06-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Save it for a down payment on a newer car
Agreed. as an accord owner, i don't see how people spend money ranging in the ten thousands on a car that wasnt meant to be raced. if they were meant to do under 12 on the quarter mile, honda would have designed them to
Old 06-06-2006, 08:50 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by Shallow_Bay
Agreed. as an accord owner, i don't see how people spend money ranging in the ten thousands on a car that wasnt meant to be raced. if they were meant to do under 12 on the quarter mile, honda would have designed them to
:werd:

of course you could also pick up groceries in style with an accord.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
well, auto can be hinderance in SOME cases. But the V6 guys don't seem to let it stop them.
well thats because V6s didnt come with manual trannys until recently
Old 06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
bubbrubb

Just wanna throw my 2 cents in here. Yes its true, the accord isnt 'meant' to be raced, but shit a lot of cars arent meant to be raced and people still do it. Look at the 125hp stock civics in the late 90's. Its obvious those arent meant to be raced, but people still supe them up and they are fast. And i know our cars are heavy, but they arent that heavy like people make them out to be. If you throw in a turbo, and do some engine work you'll be faster then a lot of newer cars. Shit, the infinity g35's are heavier then our cars by 400lb's and running 260hp, if you push some f/i youll be faster and lighter then those. But yeah, do whatever you want to your car, dont let people make up your mind for you. Just set a goal and try to get their, if you wanna go rice (please god dont) then do it, if you wanna go light cosmetic and heavy engine mods you can do that too. Just make your car whatever you wanna make it and dont go broke doing it and youll be fine.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:31 PM
FallenAngelHIM

i second what bubbrubb said.
it's YOUR car, do what YOU like, with YOUR money.

people tell me i am wasting my money but you know what, it's MY money, it's MY car, and whenever we hit up the strip clubs or a rock show, it's MY car they all want to drive...WANT TO DRIVE...