Notices

Turn Signal Problem

Old 06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Jimmy Bones
99' Honda Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Problem

Hey guys,
First off, Im new to the site and wanted to say hey.
Second, I own a 99 Honda Accord Coupe and my drivers side front turn signal has been blinking like it's burned out. I replaced the bulb and it still blinked fast. So then I checked the rear bulbs to make sure that they were all working fine and they were. Why would the new bulb still be blinking likes it's burned out? If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated because it's really getting on my nerves.( I dont even signal for left turns anymore)
Thanks,
J.B.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:29 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

did you get the correct replacement? I know if you use LED cluster bulbs in Honda sockets, it'll blink like that.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:31 PM
JerryS

It does that when you have a burned out bulb... if you checked all lights and they are all working, chances are you replaced the wrong one. Have someone step on the brake and you observe the rear lights... chances are it's the brake light.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Jimmy Bones
99' Honda Accord

It's the exact same bulb as the one I took out and I had someone step on the brakes to make sure the rear ones worked. I was talking to my mechanic and he said it could be the module in the dash. But I was thinking that if it was that, then my other lights would be acting up as well. But they all work fine except for the front left one.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:04 AM
fstop128

^that would be the flasher up under the dash u maybe able to replace it yourself. check your driver's side rear one again. actually remove it from the socket and look at it. some of the bulbs have double filaments and u may have one that has a filament burned out and the other one is working. it will still light up but wont be as bright. check for corrosion in the socket and the wiring. the socket may just need to be cleaned out or the wiring fixed. use some dielectric grease then put the bulb back in. use the same bulbs all around, meaning if u use regular ones then stick to them, if u use longer life (LL) use them all around. u mix them u get issues. the LL bulbs burn hotter so they burn out faster.

i have a 92 accord and i had the original bulbs in my car up until last yr. long lasting considering they have over 100,000 miles on them. so this year im replacing them alot. resistance increases with age also. does your hazard light switch work? do the lights work for it? im not sure what bulbs u take. i take on the rears 2057, 1156 and 1157. they look alike yet one is a dual filament the other is single. i have 1 socket that corrodes in the rear. good luck. bulb issues r so annoying.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Honura_Kit

yep I have the same feeling what that mechanic said... there's two for left and right blinker... check for the correct one. not sure where exactually it's at. sorry.... but that could be the problem. and update us when you get the result. I would like to know. thx