Notices

transmission work

Old 06-04-2006, 06:39 PM
shine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission work

Does anybody know where I can get good instructions on how to take out my syncros?any advice would be great, thanks!
Old 06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Tassimau
Banned

You got synchro problems too. I recommend getting a new tranny. I hear replacing them is somewhat difficult and It would be cheaper to buy another tranny than to get yours rebuilt...I think
Old 06-04-2006, 06:49 PM
shine

Originally Posted by Tassimau
You got synchro problems too. I recommend getting a new tranny. I hear replacing them is somewhat difficult and It would be cheaper to buy another tranny than to get yours rebuilt...I think
well, my idea was to take out the synchro and take it to the shop because the part on the synchros cost about 200 but the labor is about 700(thats if they do all the work). So what im saying is by taking it out myself would cut down the labor costs. Do u think that a new trany would still be cheaper? But I still need instructions on how to take it out!
Old 06-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Tassimau
Banned

Look in the DIY section of this website. You'll find shit about removing a transmission, if not buy a Hayne's Manual. If you haven't done any major car work then I wouldn't attempt it. I can't believe its 700 labor, that wouldn't be cottman's would it. A local garage will replace a tranny for about 450