Notices

2000 accord help

Old 05-27-2006, 04:36 PM
nike_jumpman_23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 accord help

Last Wednesday i went and bought 4 new tires (Goodyear Eagles) for my 2000 honda accord EX. 2 days later the rear left wheel started squeeking really loud. I've sprayed some WD-40 on it and it helped a little but still squeeks a good bit. Today i was driving and the check maint. Req'd light came on. And after that i saw white smoke comming from the rear left wheel. BTW when i changed my tires on Wednesday the guy there said i would need a wheel alignment asap. Two days later the wheels start squeeking and engine light come on. Is this a cooincodence and something else is wrong. Or is a wheel alignment going to fix the squeeking. Also would the Maint. Req'd light be able to tell if something was wrong with the wheel i thought i was just the engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-27-2006, 06:11 PM
hondajeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the maint. reqrd light comes on like every 5-6k miles to remind people to take their car back to the dealer and waste lots of money. You can turn the light off by... with key off,push and hold in the button on the gauge cluster that resets the milage,while holding it in,turn key on and wait about 15-20 seconds and the light will go out. release the botton and you good. As far as the white smoke coming from the rear probaly your exhaust,maybe you ran over some water causing a little steam. The sqeeling noise could be belts,brakes,etc. check to make sure your wheels are tight and the wheels covers are pressed on tight. I'm guessing that its something with the engine causing the sqeeling noise especially when you said the engine light comes on. Sounds to me like your paranoid because you had your tires put on by a non-caring mechanic,which tends to make a person notice more things wrong with their car.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:22 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the CEL diagnosed and see if your parking brake cables are stuck