Notices

My car Revs up and down but doesnt die???

Old 05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
AfterHours Kust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey man!!

Originally Posted by characteristics
My car is a 94 honda civic 1.5L. Lately it has been reving up and down but if i leave it idling for 5 min it stops and idles fine. But then when I start driving again then at a light it starts to rev the same way. It has never tried to die from it. But there is no check engine light on neither. I took it to a mechanic he didnt know what it was either. anyone have any ideas? Please help me!!
. This is a common problem on Honda motors there is a 90 % chance that the T.P.S is bad which is the throttle positioning sensor which means you need to replace the throttle body,or like the other guy said it could be a vacume leak but more than likely it is the tps.Hit me back and let me know when you figure out what it is.Talk to you later.cy@

--Chuck--
Old 05-23-2006, 03:30 PM
fathergoat
:3

I was searching the same subject except mine roams a bit when warm. anyway someone posted this. I think it will help

http://www.ef-honda.com/ben/Badidle.php
Old 06-01-2006, 11:53 AM
mattatuncg

Originally Posted by characteristics
My car is a 94 honda civic 1.5L. Lately it has been reving up and down but if i leave it idling for 5 min it stops and idles fine. But then when I start driving again then at a light it starts to rev the same way. It has never tried to die from it. But there is no check engine light on neither. I took it to a mechanic he didnt know what it was either. anyone have any ideas? Please help me!!
Hey man had the same problem. I cleaned the IACV, did a coolant flush, checked for vacuum leaks, and nothing fixed the odd idle. Today I took off the Fast Idle Thermo Valve, took it apart and cleaned it out with brake cleaner. No more odd idle. At cold start, she idles at around 1200 rpm then as she warms, falls to about 800 rpm. No bouncing idle at all. Maybe that will help you.